• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

New 'custom' Tournament
04-23-2008, 06:13 AM,
RE: New 'custom' Tournament
Barbarrossa... I would like to you to play... but it's probable that the Tournament will last longer than the time that you have before your trip :(

Is there not an internet connection from your ship? ( maybe it is a silly question, but I really don´t know)

I would like to start the Tournament as soon as possible, so I will try to start this weekend, as soon as I do the pairings
Quote this message in a reply
04-25-2008, 02:55 AM,
The Tournament starts...

You can see your opponent here:
http://hungary4445.bravehost.com/HUNGARY_44_Main.htm

Please, send me an e-mail to confirm that you start the games.

You can play 1st scenario's both sides simultaneously (it's a mirrored game style).

After the 1st scenario results I'll update the ELO ratins, so maybe it will change some of the pairings for the second scenario.

Good luck for you all ;)
04-25-2008, 08:10 AM,
Sergio,

And the Optional Rules?

The First scenario is "441031_01a: Counter Punch - [HTH]", isn't it?
04-25-2008, 03:48 PM,
This is a mirrored Tournament, so I suggest you to agree optional rules to play both games.

I prefer to play stock scenario and stock optional rules, and then decide to add or not any other optional, but I leave you free to decide the scenario (stock or VM's) and the optionals to play with.
In the case that there is not an agreement I'll decide ;)
04-26-2008, 03:46 PM,
For all concerned....

Remember when playing the same scenario in the mirror format as Sergio has mentioned above, you must unload the game completely after completing a turn before loading and playing the mirrored game turn or playback and turn corruption will occur.

Some of you are veterans and know this, but I wanted to be sure everyone was aware of this so they have a great tournament.

Good Gaming!
Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp
04-26-2008, 04:28 PM,
Gosh, I thought I was a "veteran" but I'm not sure what you're talking about. Please elaborate.
04-27-2008, 02:18 AM,
Dog Soldier Wrote:For all concerned....

Remember when playing the same scenario in the mirror format as Sergio has mentioned above, you must unload the game completely after completing a turn before loading and playing the mirrored game turn or playback and turn corruption will occur.

Some of you are veterans and know this, but I wanted to be sure everyone was aware of this so they have a great tournament.

Good Gaming!
Dog Soldier

Yes, please elaborate. I did not know this. And, thank you for bringing this up!
Operation Edelweiss begins! Pontoon bridges across the Don at Rostov.
04-27-2008, 02:23 AM,
sergio Wrote:The Tournament starts...

You can see your opponent here:
http://hungary4445.bravehost.com/HUNGARY_44_Main.htm

Please, send me an e-mail to confirm that you start the games.

You can play 1st scenario's both sides simultaneously (it's a mirrored game style).

After the 1st scenario results I'll update the ELO ratins, so maybe it will change some of the pairings for the second scenario.

Good luck for you all ;)
Sergio, did you receive my e-mail?
Operation Edelweiss begins! Pontoon bridges across the Don at Rostov.
04-27-2008, 01:23 PM,
OK, I'll try to elaborate as requested.

When you create two game (bte) files of the same scenario and play them one after the other in the same sitting, strange things can occur in the replay files since the game engine will overwrite partially the open replay data file.

To avoid this issue, just be sure to completely exit the game after playing the first game file. When you switch sides to play the other game file, restart the game cold before loading the second game file in your mirror game series. I like to zip the first game file before opening the second myself, but this step is just extra insurance.

Follow this procedure each round of mirror turns.

Load the first game file into the game directory. Start the game application. Open the PBEM game file in the game application. Play the replay and the turn. You can skip the replay if you want. Advance the turn. Exit the game application.
(optional) Zip the game turn for mailing.

Load the second game file where you are on the opposite side from the first game file into the game directory. Start the game application. Open the PBEM game file in the game application. Play the replay and turn. You can skip the replay if you want. Advance the turn. Exit the game application.
(optional) Zip the game turn for mailing.

Wash, rinse and repeat every turn cycle you receive from your opponent.

The key factors to remember are:
1. To not load into the game directory both game files at the same time from your opponent's email. Zip files help with this as you can store the zip files safely from the email then load the game bte files as per the instructions above.
2. Completely exit the game application before loading the second game bte file into the game directory. Then start the game back up again. If you hold the game application in memory, you risk contaminating the second game file with part of the first game causing it to not play correctly.

If you decide to play the mirror game one after the other (end to end) instead of simultaneously, you will only have on active bte file going between you and your opponent which will avoid the whole issue. This does take longer to complete.

Good Gaming!

Dog soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp
04-27-2008, 01:38 PM,
SERGIO
I have now got a Toshiba note book so will be able to returm and receive moves in a a timely manner when I am away so if thre was anyother opponent willing to play I am now able to play. in your tournament :rolleyes:
Barbarrossa