• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

D'85...playbalance question
03-27-2008, 06:33 AM,
RE: D'85...playbalance question
Sgt Fury Wrote:Scarletto-

You want the "Ask before advancing" option set on -- that way you need to verify that you want to end the turn, rather than just a single button click on the main tool bar.

Fury

oh,see, thats another lets play without looking mistake :)
Quote this message in a reply
03-27-2008, 09:27 AM,
HirooOnoda Wrote:I believe that giving the WP the ability of a select few gaurds units to amphibiously cross rivers using a snorkel would be a historical balance to the series.

Go for it - that is why the game comes with editors. You will likely need a separate component for each type of tank and then assign that component to specific units.

Quote:Due to the inherent danger of making said crossing I propose that an engineer unit should be present in the hex of the tank on the turn prior to said crossing, ....

...well that won't happen - that is a rule change and I don't think I would ask Tiller to do a programming change for this as the info I have says that this capability is not something the Soviets could really employ. So I don't think we'll build special rules for it.

Glenn
Send this user an email
03-27-2008, 02:06 PM,
One thing to consider with the timing of the airborne drops is that after the balloon goes up, it is harder to get the air superiority across the whole front to deliver all of those troops. So, that is one reason why they have to go in at the start versus a more timely drop.

Regards,
CptCav
Edmund Burke (1729-1797): "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Ronald Reagan: “Détente: isn’t that what a farmer has with his turkey until Thanksgiving Day?”