• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

ACW Gettysburg vs Battlefield Gettysburg
03-16-2008, 02:08 AM,
ACW Gettysburg vs Battlefield Gettysburg
Hello.

I have a few questions. I have ACW Gettysburg. I believe Matrix is/has released an updated version of the Battlefield series. These are two completely games that happen to be developed by Talonsoft, correct?

I play the WWII Campaign Series game previously released by Talonsoft but now the JT Matrix version. I played for years vs the AI, but joined The Blitz Wargaming Club a few years ago, and now play by email (PBEM).

Is the Battleground series AI similar to the Campaign Series?

I like turn based games and was wondering if the battleground plays well as a stand alone game, or does it do better PBEM? I am just guessing that my ACW Gettysburg is different from Battlefield Bettysburg.

THANK YOU. Jack
Quote this message in a reply
03-16-2008, 09:26 AM,
RE: ACW Gettysburg vs Battlefield Gettysburg
Yeah, I bought the "other" Talonsoft Gettysburg game out of the bargain bin a while ago, and wasn't impressed. The Battleground series is similar to the Campaign series, and to the later HPS Civil War games. Good stuff.
03-18-2008, 11:19 AM,
Thank you Panzer_Kunst.

My wife bought the "other" Talonsoft game at a school book sale. I agree w/ your assessment.

I will look at the Matrix version further. Perhaps a early birthday present!

Does the AI play well against a human player?

Jack
03-18-2008, 08:41 PM,
Big Dawg Wrote:Does the AI play well against a human player?

No, as with most Tiller games, the AI is nearly useless. Its pretty much mainly a PBEM thing.