• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

DAR - {here}Leto, come to Papa! - Defending an assault
03-18-2008, 06:54 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-18-2008, 06:57 AM by Colonel Talvela.)
RE: DAR - {here}Leto, come to Papa! - Defending an assault
There is only 1 TRP, and they can be used for artillery, guns, and mortars (probably tanks as well, but not sure about that). the guns and mortars cannot have moved during the game. Mortars do not have to have LOS, but guns do
Quote this message in a reply
03-18-2008, 06:59 AM,
Thumbs_Up  RE: DAR - {here}Leto, come to Papa! - Defending an assault
ok, that is clear now. I have learnt something tonight, althought i don't use often TRP in defending games.
But there is a begining for all....

thanks.
Idiots dare everything. That is the way to recognize them (Michel Audiard)
03-18-2008, 08:13 AM,
Turn 15 Action
email from Pete - I lost the email but it said similar to a quote from ben-hur regarding "ramming speed"

The only interesting thing at this point is that pete charged one of his gun damaged ducks to within 5 meters of my gun. The gun was in command and in "alerted" state from a couple of the other tanks, but 5m was just too close so the crew surrendered.

This game is going to be a big loss for me. My screen is showing that pete's little tanks own the flags even if I have full squads within the effective range. If that holds true on the final count, then I will have a major loss - sigh - I hate losing!!!!!!!!
03-18-2008, 08:15 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-18-2008, 08:17 AM by Colonel Talvela.)
jawsconan Wrote:ok, that is clear now. I have learnt something tonight, althought i don't use often TRP in defending games.
But there is a begining for all....

thanks.

when defending big conscript artillery and a couple of trps is a deadly combination. when I use trps defending, I almost always put them right on a flag. It is hard to guess what approach an attacker will take, but it isnt hard to guess where he is going.
03-18-2008, 10:57 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-18-2008, 10:57 AM by Colonel Talvela.)
as suspected, leto got a big victory - 61 to 39%. The ducks just parked on the flags and my men could do nothing about it. very frustrating.