• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

New HPS title, Mexican - American War & Texas Independence War
03-08-2008, 11:47 AM,
RE: New HPS title, Mexican - American War & Texas Independence War
I have to admit to being pretty disappointed with this round of releases. Somehow I had talked myself into believing that The Korean War was coming this time.
Quote this message in a reply
03-09-2008, 04:10 AM,
I have to be honest I was dissapointed also in this round of releases. I only bought 2 out of 3 Big Grin cheers

Tide1
War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want.William Tecumseh Sherman
03-09-2008, 04:47 AM,
Well I will get Antietam dont get me wrong. :)

But I wish I knew if The Korean War was a topic they are pursuing or not. Every time I get my hopes up (I know..I know...nobod'y fault but mine.)
03-09-2008, 05:00 AM,
They covered The Korean War with SQB 5: The Korean War. Pretty extensively too: 70 scenarios & in depth designer notes. One of the best "out-of-the-box" games that I've seen. It was recently updated to 1.03.
I was pleased to see Stalingrad get updated. The other games don't really catch my interest. Can Moscow '41, France '40 & Salerno '43 get done soon too? Pretty please...:)
.."A critical oversight that has led to yet another mouthful of poo." . Dirty Jobs with Mike Rowe
03-15-2008, 09:39 AM,
Riley D. Smith Wrote:Very interesting subject matter for a wargame. There is actually a pretty good bit of info avail on these time periods and the fighting involved.

I am sure I'll get this one as my entire family is from Texas. In fact, my Great-great-great-great Grandfather...Manaen Turnbull Smith and his brother Archibald were members of a regiment of the "Texians" and left the service in either December of 1835 or January of 1836....just prior to the fighting at the Alamo and after. I have a really good genealogical record of my family from that period and I need to look again because I am sure it mentions the actual unit they served with.

here is the only link I can find to his historical marker. My wife and I went there around 1994 or so when I was stationed and NAS Dallas (before it transferred over to Carswell JRB).

http://www.9key.com/markers/marker_detai...5289009634

It does not tell his unit but he and his brother Archibald were both involved at the seige of Bexar before leaving the Army of Texas in January of 1836.