• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Britain is Repossessing the U.S.A. - !
03-07-2008, 11:29 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-08-2008, 01:11 AM by PoorOldSpike.)
RE: Britain is Repossessing the U.S.A. - !
Wombats Cleese post was hilarious and triggered a welter of interesting historical/ political replies, but in his infinite wisdom Randy felt it best to nip a possible world War 3 in the bud to keep the peace..:)
But it set me thinking maybe there should be somewhere in Blitz where we can have FUN discussing politics and military history etc like sensible adults?
So for what it's worth I'd suggest a specific forum area be created called 'The Field'.
That way, the rest of Blitz can be kept as pure and uncluttered as driven snow purely for CM-talk, but whatever's said in the Field stays in the Field..;)

For example somebody raised the valid point about America helping Britain squash Hitler, so we could examine the possible consequences if America hadn't helped.
In such a scenario maybe Americans would have eventually seen these atomic bomb-carrying babies over their cities,as Der Fuhrer was thinking about clobbering America even as early as '39! -

[Image: amerbomb.jpg]

PS-and this leads on to a similar situation we're all facing at this very moment, namely should America squash Irans nuclear power plants with a series of airstrikes before they begin producing ingredients to make nuclear bombs to hand out as freebies around the muslim world?

See, there are always plenty of things Blitz members could ENJOY discussing, but we've nowhere to do it within the current Blitz structure.
Another example -In particular right now I'm confused by the Hilary-Obama thing, they were best buddies but now seem to have had a tiff, what's that all about?
Quote this message in a reply
03-07-2008, 11:43 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-07-2008, 11:44 PM by Mad Russian.)
McIvan Wrote:MR, your post looked dangerously close to being serious :eek1:

No matter what I say, or how I say it, it's always taken seriously on this site.

Good Hunting.

MR
03-08-2008, 01:53 AM,
POS,
I don't think you would have gotten much response to any kind of mention to the vietnam war from us Yanks. I think we have pretty much gotten over it. The world has moved on for us since 9/11. Now if you bring up the middle east, then stand the F%&@ by! I don't suppose your plan to have a discussion area to talk about such topics is a bad idea. I am just thinking it would degenerate into chaos and turn into heated arguments. But I vote we give it a whirl.
Lord Bane
03-08-2008, 02:05 AM,
Lord Bane Wrote:Now if you bring up the middle east, then stand the F%&@ by!

The Coalition strategy in the ME has been wrong since Day One, just like my strategy has been bad all through Trident, but at least I'm learning from my boo-boo and am belatedly trying to put it right..;)
03-08-2008, 02:23 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-08-2008, 02:25 AM by Lord Bane.)
"Hold on Baby Jesus!....This is gonna get bumpy!"
Dev, better set up this discussion area and fast!
Bane
03-08-2008, 04:07 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-08-2008, 04:09 AM by Fullhouse.)
Quote:But it set me thinking maybe there should be somewhere in Blitz where we can have FUN discussing politics and military history etc like sensible adults?

Adults rarely discuss politics sensibly.
03-08-2008, 04:08 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-08-2008, 04:09 AM by Fullhouse.)
double post couldnt delete.
03-08-2008, 04:23 AM,
We used to have a discussion area, but as Fullhouse says, adults can't be sensible when allowed to post about politics, religion, sex, or drugs...

The area got nuked after 9-11, as tensions erupted and hatred spewed forth shortly thereafter.

I doubt Jim would be willing to give it a 2nd chance
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
03-08-2008, 04:43 AM,
RedDevil Wrote:I doubt Jim would be willing to give it a 2nd chance

Yes mate of course, he's boss and what he says goes..:)
Incidentally I had a PM correspondence with him recently and we got on great, we both agreed that you'd done a great job in making CM-Blitz better now than its been for a long time by encouraging a more sensible adult atmosphere to the place, making it "the Rolls-Royce of CM clubs" as I call it..:)

Hey I've been meaning to ask for quite a while, does Jim run Blitz purely as a hobby out of his own pocket? And what ultimate aims and ambitions does he have for Blitz, for example does he want a gigantic membership?
I mentioned to him i've got one or two ideas to make Blitz even better, so I suppose he'll get in touch again if he wants to hear them..
03-08-2008, 07:25 AM,
Fullhouse Wrote:
Quote:But it set me thinking maybe there should be somewhere in Blitz where we can have FUN discussing politics and military history etc like sensible adults?

Adults rarely discuss politics sensibly.
Unfortunately never a truer word spoken. Well....SOME can. But a sizeable minority can't.

It's been tried before and ended badly.