• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Britain is Repossessing the U.S.A. - !
03-07-2008, 10:25 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-07-2008, 11:32 AM by McIvan.)
RE: Britain is Repossessing the U.S.A. - !
Not sure its actually a John Cleese thing, as this has been around since not long after 2000 under a variety of names.

There are also some US responses, which are equally clever at poking fun at the Brits national foibles.

All mildly amusing teases, but of course not to be taken seriously.
Quote this message in a reply
03-07-2008, 10:32 AM,
Combat Wombat Wrote:..no offence intended :) ...
ps: though you'd get more upset about calling your Beer rubbish !!

Good job you never mentioned the War mate (Vietnam) or they'd have gone ballistic..;)
03-07-2008, 01:13 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-07-2008, 01:18 PM by Mad Russian.)
McIvan Wrote:Yorktown was mostly the French anyways Big Grin And hey....did the Brits get their Houses of Parliament burned down, huh, huh?

But on the other hand....why oh why would anyone want to reposess the US just at the moment :conf: The Brits should wait until the present housing fire-sale and recession is over and you've got the national debt back under control. Buy when the market is going up, not going down....

MR, your post looked dangerously close to being serious :eek1:

Naw, I just hit the quick reply and there were no faces available to me....I was too lazy to retype it all so I sent it as it was. :whis:

Now I'm not sure if they teach lawyers much on economics but the time to buy is on the way down not the way up...or maybe that was sideways...anyway...almost all Americans have switched over to drinking tea from coffee anyway....but it's not HOT TEA!!!!

And to clarify one other item....we didn't get our Houses of Parliament burned down either....cheers

Good Hunting.

MR
03-07-2008, 01:16 PM,
PoorOldSpike Wrote:
Combat Wombat Wrote:..no offence intended :) ...

Good job you never mentioned the War mate (Vietnam) or they'd have gone ballistic..;)

Well the reason he didn't mention the War (Vietnam) is mainly that wasn't a war..it was a Police Action just like Korea...see we've got all these different classifications for those kinds of things nowadays.....Shark

Good Hunting.

MR
03-07-2008, 01:21 PM,
Combat Wombat Wrote:cheers

hey guys relax, relax... ! sorry just a crazy joke .. we Aussies are pretty used to taking the micky out of ourselves and this sort of humour is pretty standard fare - it was just a quick tick and flick Thread 'cause it made me laugh - I am bit of a John Cleese fan ..;)

no offence intended :) ...

We're relaxed. We're too busy arguing about whose to become President at the moment to worry about much else....although as POS says there are some triggers out there.....:eek1:

Good Hunting.

MR
03-07-2008, 01:50 PM,
Tell you what, at least I got some replies to my first ever Thread with Blitz .. hey?! Might go and have myself a beer ...:)
03-07-2008, 02:51 PM,
Combat Wombat Wrote:Tell you what, at least I got some replies to my first ever Thread with Blitz .. hey?! Might go and have myself a beer ...:)

I'd offer you one, but I don't think you'd want it...
03-07-2008, 03:28 PM,
I'd say something, but us Canadians are just happy the US lets us live here in North America.
03-07-2008, 03:44 PM,
Combat Wombat Wrote:Tell you what, at least I got some replies to my first ever Thread with Blitz .. hey?! Might go and have myself a beer ...:)

I'd say you deserve a beer for that. You got a lively discussion going to be sure...
03-07-2008, 04:20 PM,
Combat Wombat Wrote:14. Further, you will stop playing baseball. It is not reasonable to host an event called the World Series for a game which is not played outside of America.

I would just like to point out that every once in a while, we let Toronto play, just to show what good sports we are.

Ratzki Wrote:I'd say something, but us Canadians are just happy the US lets us live here in North America.

That's the spirit. If the rest of the world would just adopt that attitude, we'd all get along... ;)