• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Question about airstrikes
03-22-2008, 02:18 PM,
RE: Question about airstrikes
Panther Bait, Hawk, thanks for the replies. :happy:

The unfortunate tank platoon was a PzIIIj in "hammada" terrain. There was another PzIIIj in the hex, both were at 5 strength points, and there were no other units or wrecks in the hex. they were facing SW and the plane came from the north and flew south. My forces are advancing from the north to the south. Also, I never overstack except in bunkers, and even then only when absolutely necessary.

I can't check what types of planes the allies have in this without looking at the scen editor, and of course that would not be right since the scen is ongoing. I'll wait till after the scenario is over with.

For now, I'm willing to chalk my experience with this up to coincidence.

One thing I have noticed - the planes, if they have no target in the target hex, but other spotted targets within 5 hexes, will randomly strike one of the other targets. This can be bad if those other targets are, say, empty trucks...
Thus, what is of supreme importance in war is to attack the enemy's strategy.

Sun Tzu
Quote this message in a reply
03-23-2008, 12:47 AM,
RE: Question about airstrikes
John Given Wrote:One thing I have noticed - the planes, if they have no target in the target hex, but other spotted targets within 5 hexes, will randomly strike one of the other targets. This can be bad if those other targets are, say, empty trucks...

That happens whether or not there is a target in your airstrike hex.

When you plot an airstrike it has a 65% chance of arriving.

It will also strike ANY target within 5 hexes of the plot hex.

Thanx!

Hawk
Quote this message in a reply