• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Campaign Notes with Vista
03-04-2008, 07:42 PM,
Campaign Notes with Vista
Hi Everyone,
I can't read the Campaign Notes with Vista. When I try it just says widows no longer supports the help file in this version of windows.
I have seen the supposed fix for it on the HPS site but I can't get anything to work.
There it directs you to Microsoft site to install a fix, that's a minefield in itself, I've tried installing their fix and still get the same result, nothing.
I was wondering if anyone else knows how to fix this and can talk me through it, or even if there is a fix for this.
Cheers,
Gordon
Quote this message in a reply
03-05-2008, 05:40 AM,
RE: Campaign Notes with Vista
It isn't just NOTES.HLP, it is ALL HLP files. Vista no longer supports these.

There is a section on the HPS Website on this - the link is:

http://www.hpssims.com/vistahelp.htm

...scroll down to the part called "Help file display" and follow the instructions.

Glenn
Send this user an email
03-05-2008, 08:53 PM,
Thanks Glenn,
I've noticed it's the manual and some other things besides, luckily I printed that while running XP sometime age. I think I might have tried what you suggest but for some reason it didn't work, I'll have another look though.
Cheers,
Gordon
03-05-2008, 09:07 PM,
Thanks Glenn,
I've just been on the site again and there are 2 downloads it seems at Microsoft, the first one I tried yesterday didn't work for my version, so I tried the second one and now I can read everything, great!!!!!
Cheers,
Gordon
03-06-2008, 06:25 AM,
If I am not mistaken, you can go to the PzC / MC game updates page at HPS and download printable documentation. You should be able to read those in Vista.
Send this user an email