• Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

DAR - Clickie-Chasing Coil Contests the Colonel
03-10-2008, 02:14 PM,
RE: DAR - Clickie-Chasing Coil Contests the Colonel
Turns 11 - 15
email from Coil:
Do you actually like {Harrogent}Leto? I think he is a blow-hard and a complete arse. I'm so glad he quit posting at the blitz. The bad thing is he actually thinks he is some sort of CM demi-god. Did you hear what McIvan said about his "visit"? Ivan said he and Leto would go to the store and Leto would load up on all this expensive food, and not pay for anything. And he said the guy literally ate everything in the house the day before he left. Then he sat on the latrine for about two hours - doing CM turns on his laptop - and didnt flush. He actually wanted to come visit me, but when I told him that we only eat salad and veggies for dinner (I lied) he suddenly changed his schedule. Has he tried to come visit you yet?

Ratzki, actually the game has gotten to the dull stage awefully quick. I plinked off the last two Pzivs and am in the slow deliberate process of routing his infantry.

He still has the 150 SP and two armoerd SP guns (dont know if they are stuHs or StuGs), so until I kill those I dont want to expose my infantry.

Here is the map at the end of 15
The red dots are my inf assault platoon that will take the woods with the big flag. I can get my men in there, and hide them well enough.

The purple dots are an inf platoon that is just trying not to get blasted by the 150.

The brown circle is the green platoon that found an 81mm mortar and HQ

Prurple square is where his SP guns went hiding.

Blue line in the foreground is a M8 that will go hide behind a house and be able to pound the scattered tree that hide his men on my right

Yellow dots are the platoon that will assault the scattered trees, but they are just staying there for now. No reason to take the trees and then get pounded my HE

Green circle are the M10s on hunt mode. Probably not the best thing to do with them, because they will be easy prey for a gun - but I am too lazy to think about what else to do with them.

The 150 is highlighted in the middle. Turn 16 should be his last.

[Image: Coil15.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply
03-10-2008, 03:00 PM,
That isn't true btw, what Coil said about Leto. It was more like three hours on the latrine. Without even opening the window. We had to stick one of those draft preventers along the bottom of the door as a self-preservation measure :)
03-10-2008, 03:04 PM,
well you cant believe anything the Coil says.
03-11-2008, 03:42 PM,
Colonel Talvela Wrote:well you cant believe anything the Coil says.

Good game, CT. Of all the CM players at the Blitz, you're the one I respect the most... :happy:
03-11-2008, 03:45 PM,
Well anyway, thanks for the thrashing. Not one of my better efforts - it's great to have it chronicled so publicly...

You played it well, I made a good bunch of mistakes and bad decisions. Going to have to go spank Leto (metaphorically) and earn my dignity back.

I guess that makes the series 1-1...
03-11-2008, 04:22 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-11-2008, 04:23 PM by Colonel Talvela.)
The End

Coil and I decided to call a cease-fire a repot and minor victory no matter the results on turn 20. That makes me so happy. the game has been over for a while, and there is nothing worse than dragging out the inevitable.

Here are some end position screen shots (looking left first then right from the center).
[Image: Coilendright.jpg]

[Image: coilendleft.jpg]

Coil had some pretty bad luck that game (and I say that having lost 4 vehicles to 1 81mm mortar). Two hits on my M10s with only 1 tank commander casualty. His green armor really hurt him. And the patch of rocky terrain to the left of the small flag (where I sniped the first Pziv with my conscript M8) was some terrain he should have avoided.

It could have gone the other way with some slightly different random events - but that is typical for armor fights.

My favorite part of the game though was my conscript M8 getting the sniper kill on the Pziv.
03-12-2008, 02:53 AM,
Thumbs_Up  RE: DAR - Clickie-Chasing Coil Contests the Colonel
Thank you very much for this excellent DAR, Colonel !
That was a good movie.
This small flag is the center of a tanks graveyard. There are some all around it :)

Cheers.
Jawsconan.
Idiots dare everything. That is the way to recognize them (Michel Audiard)
03-12-2008, 09:24 AM,
thanks for the kind words. You spend a lot of time writing and photographing these battles, and you wonder if anybody is enjoying it.

But I am one of those people that can make myself laugh, so I enjoy it even if nobody else does.
03-12-2008, 04:25 PM,
They are very entertaining.:)