• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Day2 - Chronicles Of V Panzer Army DAR - Allied Side of Things...
03-02-2008, 01:19 PM,
Day2 - Chronicles Of V Panzer Army DAR - Allied Side of Things...
Here is where I stand at the beginning of day2:

[Image: BegTurn16.jpg]

It has been a very tough and difficult battle, keeping the 5th Pzr Army in check - Scott has done a great job with his advance - but my boys are putting up a tough withdrawing fight....he has the strength in units currently and is racing feverly towards Schoenburg with all kinds of units.

Here is the area NW of the 1st prize in question:

[Image: BegTurn16-1Auw.jpg]

the area South of Laudesfeld has been a hell of a battle, hand to hand and man against his machines...Scott has heavy recon units that have tried to break through and I have stopped him cold. He has lost many units in this engagement and now has Stugs backing them up. Very bloody fighting here fellas...

Here is the 1st prize of the battle for the Huns:

[Image: BegTurn16-2Schoenburg.jpg]

I have been absolutely menacing his troops in this entire area and Scott now has Panthers, Hertzers, Stugs, AA and infantry units coming full speed ahead to get up the hill. You will notice in this pictures - there are two choke points that he must overcome, as well as my Hellcats and Engineer units, as well as some blowen up bridges soon!

And finally - here is the very Southern sector:

[Image: BegTurn16-3Heckusheid.jpg]

This is where I know that Scott is getting all kinds of reinforcements from the road access at the bottom of the map...to the East - in the woods - this is where we have traded blow after blow of hand to hand combat with my boys thus far hanging on...I am fearfull however that they will be overcome soon...to the West of the dirt road - I have a fairly strong force positioned - this is where I am planning a counter attack to get Scott to stop feeding his attack on Schoenburg...this counter attack of mine should make him pause and take notice - otherwise I may get into some of his non armor units and wreak havoc....

Until next end of day....you all should really check this awesome scenario out from Von Earl - this is one of the BEST bulge scenarios I have ever played!
Quote this message in a reply
03-10-2008, 12:21 PM,
End of Day3 - Allied Turn-Chronicles Of V Panzer Army DAR - Allied Side of Things...
Well - it is the end of day three in our mega scenario and the allies have been slowly withdrawing from the field of play - to the center of the confrentation know as "middle earth":

[Image: Schoenburg-EndofDay3.jpg]

as you can see the Huns are almost down 200sp's and they have a very long way to go to get to any thoughts of a draw. I know his whole army is trying to come through this prize city - but my boys are dug in deep and have made countless stands. Many have fallen during this ordeal - it has just been one hell of a good fight. The snowfall and road conditions, as well as terrain have really slowed down the V Pzr Army...I am thankful - LOL!
03-24-2008, 06:22 AM,
Chronicles Of V Panzer Army DAR - Allied Side of Things...
Well - the end of Day 4 (34 turns of 64 - basically half way thru) has the V Pzr Army in control of Schoenburg:

[Image: Schoenburg-EndofDay4.jpg]

As you can see by looking at this picture -this battle has been one hell of an ordeal - tons of pain on both sides. So far my plan has worked to a T - holding on to Schoenburg for half this scenario - while I prepare for the Battle for St. Vivth. The 7th Armored Div is setting things up for Scott here, but as all of us know that the Huns pressured this area from the North, thru Born and Recht with KG Telkamp:

[Image: Recht-EndofDay4.jpg]

you can see the Panthers of this KG coming into view. Some of Scott's scouts have not faired well in their quest for seeking me out -well they found me and now letters have to be written.

Here is a snap shot of the 7th AD rushing to the battle...man do I have the tanks out the wazoo coming to greet The V Pzr Army! I have really bloodied the nose of Scott's Armor forces, I am hoping that he is mostly down to Stugs and Panthers....many tanks have brewed in this bad ass battle.

[Image: Vielsalm-EndofDay4.jpg]

and here is a snap shot at his armor losses as well as mine:

[Image: Strength-EndofDay4.jpg]

And here is where things stand at the end of the Allied Day 4:

[Image: Victory-EndofDay4.jpg]

I have lost more SP's than Scott, but the values are in my favor. I have lost many men and equipment with this defense. In the pic above - this is southwest of Schoenburg - a little site of a ford called: Burg Reuland - this is where Scott has just taken an absolute beating, both men and equipment. The ford is vital to protecting my southern approaches to St Vivth. I need to prevent Scott from linking his forces together in making their push to St Vivth. Anyways - still having a ton of fun with this one!
04-11-2008, 12:14 PM,
RE: Day2 - Chronicles Of V Panzer Army DAR - Allied Side of Things...
Well - its the end of day 5 and the 7th AD of the allies found what they were looking for South of St. Vivth - KG Telkamp. We had a good battle going for a few turns - but Scott decided to pull his troops off the ridge after a real nasty fight with the Americans - I guess he had enough good will showered upon them. My guess is that he is going to head east and link up his forces that are rushing from the West and then push South towards St. Vivth. We will have to roll out the welcome matts for him there I guess - LOL!

[Image: Recht-EndofDay5.jpg]

Here is another shot at Shoenburg - I wanted to show you this picture because its where the majority of the this game has been played. My delay has proven worthly and with time running out for Scott to attack St. Vivth - I think I have a good shot at holding on to this prized city posession. I have dropped some nasty arty on the ridge his boys now own - and see wagons (hopefully loaded) and rear units scramble from time to time after the shells explode.

[Image: Schoenburg-EndofDay5.jpg]

For some reason Scott is sending men and machines into the ford traps that my boys still hold. Here is a good shot at the ford above Steinebruck - lots of good SP kills here with men and arty:

[Image: SteinebruckFord-EndofDay5.jpg]

Here is a shot at the armor losses both sides have at this point:

[Image: Strength-EndofDay5.jpg]

And here is a shot at the soldier losses we have:

[Image: StrengthInfantry-EndofDay5.jpg]

And finally here is where things stand at the end of day 5 (turn 41):

[Image: Victory-EndofDay5.jpg]
05-06-2008, 01:56 PM,
Well fellas - here is where things stand as I begin my turn (end of day 6):

[Image: 6-VictoryStartofDay6.jpg]

The battle continues to be bloody on both sides...men and equipment have fallen, and as I reported to you on day 5 - the Hun's have not gained that much more ground since. Scott has penetrated both fords that we have been playing for and I believe he is coming at me with KG Telkamp from the West, with a merge of other forces from the East Meyerode. I have tons of 7th AD reinforcements rushing to St. Vivth - I may begin to loosen my grip on some of the ground east of this city - just to spring a nasty trap of shermans and armored infantry upon his forces....I will have to see what he has from the North before I decide!

Here is the ford at Burgruland:

[Image: BurgReulandFord-EndofDay6.jpg]

Here is the ford further North:

[Image: SteinebruckFord-EndofDay6.jpg]

There is the 500pt city vhex in contention here - I will play hard with his forces here to cut down as many troops as I can. One thing I have noticed is the lack of armor units he has at the front - tons of infantry - perhaps the battle around Schoenberg took its toll - I sure hope so!

Here are the armor losses thus far:

[Image: Strength-EndofDay6.jpg]

Here are the infantry losses as well:

[Image: StrengthInfantry-EndofDay6.jpg]

Here is where things stand at the end of day6:

[Image: VictoryEndofDay6.jpg]

I managed to pick up another 69points of value, mostly infantry from good arty kills and fire fights along the front, and a small tank battle up Northeast of St.Vivth - where his merging forces from the east are trying to link with KG Telkamp - I managed to kill a King Tiger and made one platoon retreat.
05-29-2008, 10:38 PM,
As dawn sets on the 7th day of the BotB - the Allies have stopped Scott and his Huns STONE COLD!

I will give the German commander props for putting up a good fight - but with only one day left in the scenario - the hill to climb is very steep!

I believe with the exception of KG Tellkamp Scott has very little armor left for his sustained attack, and is deadly low on troops. The boys in green on the other hand have all kinds of armor and fresh troops now at the St Vith front. I have pulled my forces back a bit on the eastern side of the front - ready to greet what little ground troops Scott still has by my deadly artillery.

Here is the vitory at the beginning of turn 7:

[Image: 6-VictoryStartofDay7.jpg]

I have decided to show the fronts along the St Vith challenge - here is the front NW of the city - this is where KG Tellkamp was releived of 1/4 of their armor as well as ground troops:

[Image: Day7-WestFrontNWofStVith.jpg]

This is the front directly North of the city - where KG Tellkamp linked up with other supporting german forces from the East - this has been a small bloody battle where a good armor clash broke out with heavy losses on both sides occuring. Scott will be greeted by steel rain his coming turn : )

[Image: Day7-NorthFrontNofStVith.jpg]

This is a picture of some very nasty battles taking place - Scott has lost most of his armor here and his ground forces have been obliverated - I have pulled back to welcome his forces further!

[Image: Day7-EastFrontNEofStVith.jpg]

Here is Steinbruck ford - this is where Scotts attack has really petered out - a combo of arty and heavy armor has shredded the german advance. Scott has lost many tanks here as well...

[Image: SteinebruckFord-Day7.jpg]

Here is a snapshot at the prized city - note the fresh ground troops that have arrived and have been unloaded or they are about to be - I kinda hope the germans make a small break through for the city - the fight will be deadly, but will not last very long:

[Image: StVith-Day7.jpg]

Here is a snapshot at the armor losses for both sides:

[Image: Strength-EndofDay7.jpg]

and here is snapshot of the infatnry losses:

[Image: StrengthInfantry-EndofDay7.jpg]

and finally here is where things stand victory wise at the end of the allied day 7:

[Image: VictoryEndofDay7.jpg]
06-07-2008, 10:20 PM,
RE: Chronicles Of V Panzer Army DAR - Allied Side of Things...
Well fellas - the battle of the bulge is now over! The americans stopped the Germans in this great scenario time and time again. Scott played a hell of a good game and he is one tough tactician especially in the woods! My hat is off to him for playiing a great game! The german high command decided that a cease fire was in order and called things off with about 4 turns to go. Low resources of men and machine were cause of grave concern and the fact that the Allies were loading up on forces and german forward penetration was not occuring. My goal was to make Scott fight me at Schoenburg which this is where a hell of a tough fight occured and then blow key bridges to make his forces have to cross heavily guarded fords - this did two things: 1st - terribly slowed down the german war machine, especially all tire and tracked vehicles and 2nd - this allowed me to get my reserves into the fronts cuase let me tell you - Earl has these boys traveling great distances to get their.

Here is the final victory score card:

[Image: Day8FinalVictory.jpg]

Here are a few shots at our armor losses - My heavy losses came at the expense of the battle at Schoenburg - I misplayed for a few turns with my opp fire and Scott made me pay. This is where Scott also lost a good protion of his armor as well.

[Image: Day8ArmorLosses.jpg]

and One more:

[Image: Day8ArmorLosses2.jpg]

here our our troop losses:

[Image: Day8TroopLosses.jpg]

and one more:

[Image: Day8TroopLosses2.jpg]

Here is the most southern ford that Scott had to deal with - you can see that eventually his forces did cross but at a very heavy expense, and then his forces went north towards Steinebruck and were stopped cold:

[Image: Day8BurgReulandFord.jpg]

and here is the ford at Steinebruck - another very heavy fought out area:

[Image: Day8SteinebruckFord.jpg]

Here is a shot at the scene just north of St Vith - this is where Scott tried to connect a couple of his forces together and make the push inward. I suspected this all along once the fighting tappered off east of Vith:

[Image: Day8HunningenNofStVith.jpg]

And here is the prized city now resting peacefully:

[Image: Day8StVith.jpg]

Scott and I had alot of fun with this great VonEarl Scenario! Hope you all had fun reading our rants and raves!