• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Bicycles!!!!
06-15-2010, 07:30 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-15-2010, 07:30 PM by Herr Straße Laufer.)
RE: Bicycles!!!!
Chuck, is Lance humping the 80 lbs of kit and extra ammo? ;)

Cpl K.K., Remove the Finn bicycles and try replacing them with some from a different country? Maybe it's just in the code of Finn cycles? :chin:

cheers

HSL
Quote this message in a reply
06-15-2010, 08:55 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-15-2010, 11:01 PM by Crossroads.)
Added a German Radfahr-sicherungskompanie 38 to scenario, those platoons work fine???

As a separate note, a cyclist on a non-paved road can advance three hexes, while platoons on foot can advance only - three hexes. Go figure...

Edit: changed the date to 1942: lighter equipments, no panzerfausts, shrecks, but the jaeger platoons are still not able to move... Oh well, too much pea soup I guess :(

Tried this on my XP box as well, does not work either. Dang...

Any other ideas, anyone? Posted to Matrix forums as well.

I want to ride my bicycle! :hissy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kk4rLp9mH...re=related
Visit us at CSLegion.com
06-16-2010, 02:34 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-16-2010, 02:37 AM by Crossroads.)
A bug it is :(

- Schutzen on German cycle-cross bicycles: on a good unpaved road maxes out one hex further than the regular grunt.
- Finnish Jaegers on German cycle-cross bicycles: ditto

- Schutzen on Finnish bicycles: does not move anywhere
- Finnish Jaegers on Finnish bicycles: ditto

EXCEPT: Schutzen or Jaegers on Finnish bicycles on railroad: a full ten (10!) hex radius! Whip

Our poor country apparently did not have the money to equip the bikes with rubber tires! Does not matter as far there's railroad tracks nearby :hissy:

On another note: only Jaegers mount (Finnish and German) bicycles. Rifle troops nor Cavalry platoons do not have the skills to mount. Must have been a money issue as well: just learn to shoot at the enemy, no need for fancy bike-riding skills!:2guns:

Bummer. There goes the scenario as far as the historical accuracy for certain units having bikes as transport. :chin:
Visit us at CSLegion.com
06-16-2010, 02:51 AM,
I put together this "ditty" for the Krazy Kitty.
I selected Finnish bicycle troopers and gave them an assortment of bicycles.
Once dismounted they became Ski troops. :chin:

cheers

HSL

Attached Files
.zip   00PetriTdH.zip (Size: 2.69 KB / Downloads: 3)
06-16-2010, 03:06 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-16-2010, 03:16 AM by Crossroads.)
(06-16-2010, 02:51 AM)Herr Straßen Läufer Wrote: I put together this "ditty" for the Krazy Kitty.
I selected Finnish bicycle troopers and gave them an assortment of bicycles.
Once dismounted they became Ski troops. :chin:

cheers

HSL

Thanks Ed cheers

LOL, must be a global warming thing Big Grin

Those Hungarian bikes were incapable of movement as well? Seems to match with the original posts of this thread?

Then again, went an added a Polish bicycle platoon as well, to give the race some international flavour.

What do you know, a tight race between the Poles and the Finns on German bikes, all the way to Fin(n)ish Line! (The Poles took a pole position? :whis: )

Glint, are you listening? Any recollection what this is about???

Edit: maybe the (tyre) patch supplied fixed only German and Polish bikes?
Visit us at CSLegion.com
06-16-2010, 03:35 AM,
Cpl KK,
Yeah, been following this. I wondered how it sprang up again, seeing my original post and replies were back in February? Maybe you were trying to ride a Finnish cycle to the internet cafe to catch up with the threads? :-)
06-16-2010, 03:45 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-16-2010, 03:46 AM by Crossroads.)
(06-16-2010, 03:35 AM)glint Wrote: Cpl KK,
Yeah, been following this. I wondered how it sprang up again, seeing my original post and replies were back in February? Maybe you were trying to ride a Finnish cycle to the internet cafe to catch up with the threads? :-)

I often use the mysterious "Search this Forum" field. It often times digs up interesting stuff, even helpful if yer lucky? :smoke:

Any recollection whether your problem got sorted out? You had Talonsoft version at the time, though? Must be quite an old bug... (Aren't we all Big Grin )
Visit us at CSLegion.com
06-16-2010, 04:40 AM,
I think I made a mistake, I probably meant Matrix WF, cos I noticed it in a game I designed.
I don't remember it getting sorted in the end. I'm playing a wf game now with a couple of 'new' German tankette units and every time I face them to the enemy, they show their rears instead!
Personally, I've resigned myself to just seeing what Matrix do for the next patch. After the various patches and the bugs, I'm not holding my breath anymore.
I think I've burnt myself out now with the JTCS pbem games and need a break.
After having worked on some scenarios for quite a while now, I find some scenarios on offer which just don't do it for me anymore. Little things like trucks and transports sitting in improved positions with their' inherent units at the start of the game, just offering easy points to the enemy from move one.
I've looked at working on 'battle generator' scenarios and tried to rework them, using similar oob's and improving the generated map, only to find random HQ's included in the scenario that have no units to command? And why can't the battle generator set victory levels as well?
I think playing pbem has become a bit disjointed waiting for return turns, I prefer playing a game through without the breaks, as far as possible.
I'd like to have a break and just play the A1 but that's a disappointment to play against. One would like to think after paying for the game that it was ok for solo players, but no, it ain't.
Anyway, I've digressed from your initial question somewhat,lol!
All I'll say is, I'm on my bike ! cheers
06-17-2010, 04:18 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-17-2010, 08:18 PM by Crossroads.)
Hang in there Peter :)

I never even tried the PBEM side of the Series when I bought the Talonsoft versions. While I really liked the "look & feel" of the game, I grew tired of the meager opposition the AI offered and pretty much forgot the whole game. Being married w. children, the PBEM works really well for me, as I only have an hour here and hour there to spend time with it.

As for the theme of Bicycles!!!!, there is a confimed bug in the unit files. The fix would be a very simple one, but given the unit files are encrypted we will propably need to wait until the 1.05 comes out. More info here: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2496779

Meanwhile, I will just replace those Finnish bicycles with German ones, to give the home side a definitive competitive advantage. I am sure just the idea of facing those units, silently pedaling towards the enemy will scare the * out of them :smg: Or not :)

Oh yes, almost forgot:

Chuck, here's all you need to know about the key battles the mighty bicycle platoons participate in - all Classics with a capital C each and every one!

Giro d'Italia - Pink shirt wins the day! - kicks off the season in Spring: http://www.gazzetta.it/Speciali/Giroditalia/2010/en/
Le Tour - Yellow is the colour on this one: http://www.letour.fr/us/homepage_courseCDD.html
La Vuelta - in case there's still some mileage on your legs, Tour of Spain finishes the season at Autumn http://www.lavuelta.com/index_in.html

cheers
Visit us at CSLegion.com