• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

New to ACW Getttsburg (manual???)
02-19-2008, 02:43 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-19-2008, 08:51 AM by Big Dawg.)
New to ACW Getttsburg (manual???)
Hi guys,

I have been a member for a few years over at CS MB. My wife attended a school garage sell and bought the ACW Gettysburg disc for me. No box, just the disc.

I got 3 questions...

(1)Is there a on line manual or is there a manual in the disc itself?

(2)Do I need to download a patch?

(3)So I can download scenarios from the ACW depot just like those found on the CS (East Front/West Front) scenario depot?

I have not downloaded the disc yet. Thanks!!!!!

Jack
Quote this message in a reply
02-19-2008, 05:22 AM,
RE: New to ACW Getttsburg (manual???)
Hi Jack

The is documentation is on the disk. When you load the game you'll see it when you got to start-all programs then the game. If you got the HPS game that is ;) You'll also need to patch it to the latest 1.03 is the one.
As for the scenarios I'm not sure but most likely yes.

Gary
War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want.William Tecumseh Sherman
02-19-2008, 10:10 AM,
Hi Gary,

Small world buddy!Big Grin

It is the Talonsoft American Civil War Gettysburg game. I went to the Blitz patch/downloads, but nothing was available (unless I missed something).:rolleyes:

For some reason my computer will not load the Word PDF file so I am stuck!:hissy:

Guess I am looking for a patch & pdf to figure out what to do next.

Good to hear from you. Jack
02-19-2008, 10:38 PM,
Big Dawg, all of the patches for the Talonsoft Civil War series can be found at http://www.hist-sdc.com/. Hope this helps.
02-21-2008, 12:00 PM,
And the PDF file is not from Word, but rather an Adobe Acrobat file. You need the free Acrobat reader from http://www.adobe.com/

Fury
02-21-2008, 11:38 PM,
Hey big man it's your lucky day, l've just checked my war chest and have a spare copy. Send me your postal address and l'll send it over the pond but be patient as it will take about a week to arrive.
02-22-2008, 07:26 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-22-2008, 07:28 AM by Big Dawg.)
Hi guys,

I am humbled by your offers of assistance.

Lowlander, that is a very kind offer. I was able to open the PDF file after following Fury's lead (THANKS FURY!). I will look at the manual in more detail this PM. I want to thank you for the offer.

I went to the HPS site and found 4 patches for version 1.03. I will download them later this PM too.

Thanks billk1, Phil & Gary!!!!

I just found the CD jewel case w/ instructions in the sleeve. My youngest thought the soldiers on the cover were "cool" and had it in his room. THANKS!!!