• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

H2H Points Awarded and the CS Ladder page 1
02-17-2008, 10:02 AM,
RE: H2H Points Awarded and the CS Ladder page 1
Just to throw my opinion into this public discusion. I test scenarios on a regular basis for the OPC Ladder 3 at the moment and of course several for the ME Campaign Series that will be comming out soon. As far as the OPC ladder goes I could be over 100 games completed with the number of games I've tested but that's not an issue for me because I'll have a squillion games completed in this club no matter what. I actually have 2 tournaments going now featuring nothing but H2H approved scenarios, how cool is that? A designer gets his work approved because people playtested for him then the scenario gets some good exposure to other members who I have to admit never complain about these scenarios like they do with stock scenarios.
I'm not saying anyone is right or wrong in thier opinions. I just think getting scenarios tested and out to the members to play and enjoy instead of sitting and collecting enough dust to grow a city is cool too. :smoke:
War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want.William Tecumseh Sherman
Quote this message in a reply
02-17-2008, 10:11 AM,
I've playtested lots and lots of Combat Mission and Steel Panthers scenarios and never got or expected anything other than a thank you from the designer. Playtesting is something you like or you don't.

tide1 your gandalf tower1.jpg doesn't load on my screen and causes IE to have a fit. FYI
02-17-2008, 10:18 AM,
It must be the wizard thing Paul ;) Good point in your post also. cheers

Gary
War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want.William Tecumseh Sherman
02-17-2008, 10:22 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-17-2008, 11:55 AM by Mr Grumpy.)
tide1 Wrote:Just to throw my opinion into this public discusion. I test scenarios on a regular basis for the OPC Ladder 3 at the moment and of course several for the ME Campaign Series that will be comming out soon. As far as the OPC ladder goes I could be over 100 games completed with the number of games I've tested but that's not an issue for me because I'll have a squillion games completed in this club no matter what. I actually have 2 tournaments going now featuring nothing but H2H approved scenarios, how cool is that? A designer gets his work approved because people playtested for him then the scenario gets some good exposure to other members who I have to admit never complain about these scenarios like they do with stock scenarios.
I'm not saying anyone is right or wrong in thier opinions. I just think getting scenarios tested and out to the members to play and enjoy instead of sitting and collecting enough dust to grow a city is cool too. :smoke:

As Gramps says PzC Tourneys with just H2H scenarios has solved the big balance problem we had, Gary also uses the ELO rating to pair players up, all in all it makes for a great competition! :)