• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Strength Dialog Question
02-12-2008, 04:26 AM,
Strength Dialog Question

Just to make sure, does the Strength Dialog show the current strength of your forces after losses, or is it the strength at the start of the game, before losses?

Thanks in advance.
Quote this message in a reply
02-12-2008, 04:44 AM,
RE: Strength Dialog Question
I'm pretty sure that it's your current strength.
02-12-2008, 07:01 AM,
Indeed it IS your current strength. Add your losses to that, subtract replacements and you'll have original strength. Although I've never seen anywhere you can view replacement figures.
"I sincerely believe the banking institutions having the issuing power of money are more dangerous to liberty than standing armies." - Thomas Jefferson, letter to James Monroe, January 1, 1815.
02-12-2008, 08:13 AM,
33vortex Wrote:Indeed it IS your current strength. Add your losses to that, subtract replacements and you'll have original strength. Although I've never seen anywhere you can view replacement figures.

The replacement rate is shown in the pdt file.

Russian Unit Recovery: 4% Axis Unit Recovery: 2%

Though there is no record of actual number of replacements arriving
02-12-2008, 09:26 AM,
Thanks, men.
02-12-2008, 02:08 PM,
FLG Wrote:The replacement rate is shown in the pdt file.

Not to split hairs - but there are no "replacements" in PzC, what you discribe above is recovery of strength by the PDT.

To me at least "replacements" implies new men or knew tanks brought from the rear areas and feed into units that might require them.

The "recovery" of strength in PzC is not really that. It is men and equipment that becomes lost or separated from their units during the heat of battle, tanks that were disable, even I guess some men who have recieved minor wounds and returned to the previous units.

Glenn
Send this user an email
02-13-2008, 07:02 AM,
Glenn Saunders Wrote:
FLG Wrote:The replacement rate is shown in the pdt file.

Not to split hairs - but there are no "replacements" in PzC, what you discribe above is recovery of strength by the PDT.

To me at least "replacements" implies new men or knew tanks brought from the rear areas and feed into units that might require them.

The "recovery" of strength in PzC is not really that. It is men and equipment that becomes lost or separated from their units during the heat of battle, tanks that were disable, even I guess some men who have recieved minor wounds and returned to the previous units.

Glenn

Of course this means no one actually dies in PzC as given enough time any unit can recover to one hundred percent starting TOE. Big Grin
02-13-2008, 07:51 AM,
Army of zombies!

Except for the units which are completely wiped out, those poor bastards remain very dead.
"I sincerely believe the banking institutions having the issuing power of money are more dangerous to liberty than standing armies." - Thomas Jefferson, letter to James Monroe, January 1, 1815.