• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Bridge Intelligence
02-09-2008, 03:35 PM,
Bridge Intelligence
I did some testing (The current version of K'44), with FOW, and found that if one destroys a bridge out of line of sight of an enemy unit, the opposing side will know that the bridge is destroyed in their next turn. Should the opposing side know of the destoyed bridge without some sort of recon? Has anyone ever considered this issue? I guess there would have to be (probably a complicated) programming solution to implement a solution to this problem, if it is considered a problem.
Quote this message in a reply
02-09-2008, 04:39 PM,
RE: Bridge Intelligence
I think this has been discussed before. Bridges are part of the map. To do what you want would require a rewrite to make bridges into counters like units. I think the answer was this change had other implications for the way the main engine code works and would not be done.

It is a minor problem. It is also an argument in favor of the wired bridge map design of later titles.

Consider there are air recon assets not actually in the game that would be assigned to fly up and down river valleys to check for the bridges status over such major obstacles in the path of the advance.

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp
Quote this message in a reply