• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

B'45..441231_01a...Where are my reinforcements???
02-08-2008, 05:27 AM,
B'45..441231_01a...Where are my reinforcements???
The 6th Gds Tk Army was due at 2200 hrs on January 3rd. It is now 0600 hrs on January 4th and of course the reinforcements haven't arrived yet.

Yes, I know, there is an asterik by the 2200 hr time so that must obviously mean they **MIGHT** come in at 2200 hrs, right?

I mean my opponent has a major victory already so it can't be some bogus play balancing.

Since it doesn't explain the asterik in the rules could someone please explain this to me??????????????
Fiery
Quote this message in a reply
02-08-2008, 05:34 AM,
RE: B'45..441231_01a...Where are my reinforcements???
Asterisk next to the unit means that they missed their scheduled arrival time (which, of course, shouldn't be a surprise to you!). Is it just one unit, or are there others?

I ran into this behavior in FG85, where none of my reinforcements ever arrived... Rich was able to identify it as a bug in the multiplayer code somewhere. (Not saying that it's a bug here, but I suppose there's an outside chance.)

Alternately, I think some reinforcements only "attempt" to show up once per 24 hours... so it would be another round of turns until they try again.
02-08-2008, 09:23 AM,
Yes, my opponent just told me this.

But where does it say this in the rules?
02-08-2008, 09:25 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-08-2008, 09:28 AM by Volcano Man.)
Looks like it is by design. The 6th Gds Tk Army sub units have a 0% arrival which means that they are all tied to the arrival of its HQ. The 6th Gds Tk Army HQ has a 40% chance of arrival and it is only checked once a day on the 2200 turn. You should be able to see the words "Daily" to the right of the arrival date. As mentioned, this pretty much means that once they don't show up then they will not be checked again until the next day and so on.
Send this user an email
02-08-2008, 09:35 AM,
HirooOnoda Wrote:Yes, my opponent just told me this.

But where does it say this in the rules?

Look in the "PzC" manual. In the B45 manual this information is on page 17 and 18.

"The Scheduled Dialog can be used to view the reinforcements defined for the current scenario.
The Scheduled Dialog displays a list of reinforcements scheduled to arrive in the current scenario. Each reinforcement entry has an arrival time, an arrival probability, and an arrival hex. Note if Fog of War is in effect, then the reinforcements of the opposing side are not shown. Further, the arrival probabilities of friendly reinforcements is not revealed. If the arrival probability is not 100%, then there is a chance the reinforcement will not arrive at the exact arrival time. At the arrival time, and on each subsequent turn if necessary, the arrival probability will be applied to the reinforcement until it is determined that the reinforcement has arrived. Clicking on a reinforcement scrolls the map to the arrival hex.

When the arrival probability is followed by the word Daily, it indicates that the arrival of the reinforcement will only be checked once a day, at the same hour as the given date of the reinforcement.
Each reinforcement in general consists of several units. Double clicking on a reinforcement entry displays a list of the individual units in that reinforcement."

...I guess there isn't any information there about what the asterisk is for, but I guess it is one of those things that everyone thought was generally known. However, in the section of the rules regarding releases it states:

"When an asterisk (*) precedes the release, it indicates that the release did not occur on the time and date specified."
Send this user an email
02-08-2008, 03:10 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-08-2008, 03:11 PM by Glenn Saunders.)
HirooOnoda Wrote:But where does it say this in the rules?

Woops - was replying to this but Ed has it covered
Send this user an email
02-08-2008, 04:05 PM,
...I guess there isn't any information there about what the asterisk is for, but I guess it is one of those things that everyone thought was generally known. However, in the section of the rules regarding releases it states:

"When an asterisk (*) precedes the release, it indicates that the release did not occur on the time and date specified."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks Ed. I knew that the rules didn't state what the asterisk was for in this scenario.

I mean I knew there was something special about those reinforcements because they had the asterisk, but it would have been nice if somewhere in the scenario notes that I had a 40% chance of the units arriving.
02-09-2008, 02:54 AM,
Knowing the chance of arrival kind of eliminates the FOW involved, so the game engine hides it - but you can always open up the scenario without FOW to see arrival chances. Or my scenario editor/viewer shows the chances for each reinf group also. I imagine, knowing how many reinforcement groups there can be, that the likelihood of the designer noting the chances separately for each group in nil.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]