• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

DF'85 WMD
01-29-2008, 03:38 AM,
DF'85 WMD
Playing my first game of DF'85 and I have a couple of questions. My WP opponent has just used his WMD for the first time. Fiery

If a hex has been struck with WMD, do the units that were the victim of the strike have to evacuate the hex on the next turn? If they remain in the hex, do they suffer the effects of the weapons again on the next turn (s) just by continuing to hold their position in that now contaminated hex?

Second question. Now that WMD have been used, my Command Report lists the number of WMD I have available. I'm wondering if this amount is the total available for the entire rest of the game (its a long scenario) or do more weapons become available as the game goes on?
Quote this message in a reply
01-29-2008, 03:58 AM,
RE: DF'85 WMD
For your second question, being easier, what is shows is what you have for the balance of the scenario. So pick wisely, save some for a critical point, etc.

As to the first question, you can run a test using the WMD scenario, that is part of the reason it is there, to get a feel for all the rules tied to WMDs. However, the units in a chem/rad hex do not suffer further attacks as long as they don't move in any way, or change travel mode. They can also recover from the auto disruption, although they will not recover fatigue while in the hex.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
01-29-2008, 04:10 AM,
Thanks for the quick response, Rick. I forgot all about that WMD scenario!
01-29-2008, 04:33 AM,
tbridges Wrote:If a hex has been struck with WMD, do the units that were the victim of the strike have to evacuate the hex on the next turn?

There is nothing in the rules to suggest they MUST evacuate, but you will find there is a higher chance that they will recover from disruption if you do. But they still may recover IN the WMD hex - this was done so players couldn't use WMD to "protect" Objections from being assaulted.

Glenn
Send this user an email