• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Thanks to my opponents...
01-31-2008, 03:33 PM,
RE: Thanks to my opponents...
Hey John,

Good to see one of my favorite Scotsmen is still around and kicking... If you scare off the future vict... err I mean opponents, I'll have to come knocking on your door to keep my dance card full...

My goal is to get to Centurion status before I go back to Iraq. I hope the work load allows it, but that is an unknown.. I'll be starting a new job on Friday, so I won't know if that is possible until I settle in and get a feel for my new OPTEMPO...

Ed is an excellent opponent... I've been enjoying his scenarios, as well as his style... He is a class act all around and an enjoyable tactician with flair... Plus, I love the banter...

Take care and be safe,

Jim
Quote this message in a reply
02-04-2008, 01:34 PM,
Von Krieg momentarily listens to a status report on the net of his raider force in the south...
--------------
moving to contact... enemy positions falling with no opposition... enemy battalion and regimental HQ's observed to the front... engaging targets... enemy HQ's destroyed... no survivors reported.. continuing to push forward...
-------------

the main battle is beginning to slow... at one point, the enemy were close to turning the right... but a furious fusilade shattered the enemy's surge in the north... burning cruisers litter the landscape in front of von Krieg's battle line... casualties were heavy and remnants of many burning panzers lie broken... but the turning point has come...

Von Krieg keys his mike.. ordering two platoons of Mk IV snubs to break the enemy charge... they move forward stem the enemy's momentum... as they close... enemy fire disorganizes one of the platoons... then they are wiped out under a hail of 2lber and 6lber shells at close range...

Von Krieg looks on emotionless... they did their duty...

However, the enemy charge is spent... Von Krieg keys his mike once more... his remaining panzers surge forward to close with and mix it up with the exhausted British Tommies... It is over quickly... as the few remaining cruisers in view are annihilated at point blank range...

As Von Krieg contemplates his next moves, he is awed by the display of intestinal fortitude of his foe... the wreckless British charge harkened back to the Light Brigade at Balaclava..

Half a league half a league,
Half a league onward,
All in the valley of Death
Rode the six hundred:
'Forward, the Road Runner Brigade!
Charge for the Panzers' he said:
Into the valley of Death
Rode the six hundred.

'Forward, the Road Runner Brigade!'
Was there a man dismay'd ?
Not tho' the soldier knew
Some one had blunder'd:
Theirs not to make reply,
Theirs not to reason why,
Theirs but to do & die,
Into the valley of Death
Rode the six hundred.

Panzers to right of them,
Panzers to left of them,
Panzers in front of them
Volley'd & thunder'd;
Storm'd at with shot and shell,
Boldly they rode and well,
Into the jaws of Death,
Into the mouth of Hell
Rode the six hundred.

Flash'd all their sabres bare,
Flash'd as they turn'd in air
Sabring the tankers there,
Charging an army while
All the world wonder'd:
Plunged in the battery-smoke
Right thro' the line they broke;
Von Krieg & Afrika Korps
Reel'd from the sabre-stroke,
Shatter'd & sunder'd.
Then they rode back, but not
Not the six hundred.

Panzers to right of them,
Panzers to left of them,
Panzers behind them
Volley'd and thunder'd;
Storm'd at with shot and shell,
While cruiser & bird fell,
They that had fought so well
Came thro' the jaws of Death,
Back from the mouth of Hell,
All that was left of them,
Left of six hundred.

When can their glory fade?
O the wild charge they made!
All the world wonder'd.
Honour the charge they made!
Honour the Road Runner Brigade,
Noble six hundred!
02-05-2008, 07:14 AM,
For you Jim this Scotsman has an opening.The word is Kilt's up Haggi to attention Charge.Maybe one of the new Matrix ones if you can fit it in.