• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

New Panzer Campaigns?
01-24-2008, 09:48 AM,
RE: New Panzer Campaigns?
Ricky B Wrote:
Foul. Wrote:A "what if" Sealion invasion in a package with the invasion of Denmark/Norway might be interesting :chin: Crete has been covered in Salerno!
Hey, if this one is done I will push to have the bustling village of Kimbolton on the map! Big Grin

Regards
Rick

Well we did have a home guard unit, eight pubs, some cattle and the USAAF airbase, so that is as good a reason for HPS to include my village in any such title! :)

Thanks Rick, good to know you are fighting my corner!! Big Grin cheers
Quote this message in a reply
01-24-2008, 02:38 PM,
Yes, the cattle and pubs would be worth at least 20 supply points to the Germans if they capture the area from the home guard! But I would guess at the point of Sealion, unless a really extreme what-if, that the USAAF base wouldn't exist yet, although was it a RAF base first? :-).

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
01-24-2008, 05:21 PM,
Of course you are correct it was a RAF base at the time! ;)

Although if Holywood had their way the USAAF would have been flying B17's (or maybe even B29's?) from there during the Battle of Britain, a bit like them capturing the Enigma machine six months before they entered the war (film U571)! Eek

Any pub would be a 100 point supply source IMO, if you are using explicit supply you would try to get the home guard to eat & drink everything before the Hun turns up!! :) cheers
01-25-2008, 01:36 AM,
Foul. Wrote:Although if Holywood had their way the USAAF would have been flying B17's (or maybe even B29's?) from there during the Battle of Britain, a bit like them capturing the Enigma machine six months before they entered the war (film U571)! Eek

Any pub would be a 100 point supply source IMO, if you are using explicit supply you would try to get the home guard to eat & drink everything before the Hun turns up!! :) cheers
ROTFL, good one Darran :bow:. You got Hollywood right on there. But I didn't realize the pubs were so well stocked with pints, enough to keep a panzer division going for at least 3 days. But I am sure the home guard would do their duty and all 50 of them finish off the stuff before the Germans arrived cheers.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
01-25-2008, 02:48 AM,
I think any Germans capturing a UK pub would be disrupted as they would not be used to the strength of a proper pint of bitter.

They would not get that far north anyway. My grand dad was waiting for them at Dunton Green and there was no way they were getting past him as a German pre Sealion had after being hit by a Spitfire dumped its bombs in the woods and hit the sty which had his illicit pigs in it. They were worth a fortune on the black market and he never forgave the Germans, he could also not face roast pork again for the rest of his life.

A very mild tempered man was my grand dad but there comes a point where he could lose the plot and that was it.
01-25-2008, 06:59 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-25-2008, 07:00 AM by Hadge.)
Chaps

In the case of the Pub capture above, in addition to the German disruption mentioned by Mike earlier - any adjacent Home Guard unit would immeadiately go to "No Morale" status, and any nearby "RUBBLE" hexes would be rapidly cleared due to the menfolk returning home to their women!

cheers

Chris
01-25-2008, 05:17 PM,
Ricky B Wrote:
Foul. Wrote:Although if Holywood had their way the USAAF would have been flying B17's (or maybe even B29's?) from there during the Battle of Britain, a bit like them capturing the Enigma machine six months before they entered the war (film U571)! Eek

ROTFL, good one Darran :bow:. You got Hollywood right on there. But I didn't realize the pubs were so well stocked with pints, enough to keep a panzer division going for at least 3 days. But I am sure the home guard would do their duty and all 50 of them finish off the stuff before the Germans arrived cheers.

Rick

In this case I would see that Home Guard units would act like Russian partisans in M44. A special rule....

when a Home Guard unit (HG) exerts a ZOC on the pub supply hex, the supply points decrease by the number of men in the HG unit * a random factor between 1-20. If a German unit occupies the pub hex the HG unit can attempt a pub demolition attack using an enhanced assault value of 10X the normal HG unit assault value. This will simulate the HG unit firing not on the Axis unit, but blowing holes in the pints!

The unit art work would be a hoot! A chap in a WW1 style helmet , (slightly askew), holding a brew!cheers

Axis players would be so frustrated.

Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin
Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp
01-26-2008, 05:08 AM,
Have you noticed we tend to wander into flights of silliness when we have nt had a new Pz Titlle for a few months!
01-26-2008, 05:44 AM,
Well i think that any Hun unit that takes the pub hex should go "max fatigue" and "broken" due to the effect of pork scratchings (rinds to our US buddys) washed down with pints of "Rogers Crutch" which was ale of the week!!! :eek1: cheers

Perhaps HPS would consider introducing a "beserk" rule as we had in AH Squad Leader so we can accurately represent Home Guard members (like Mikes grandad) sent mad by enemy action :chin:

Mike, i bet your grandad shouted "the swines, the swines" :) :happy:
01-26-2008, 06:25 AM,
Ricky B Wrote:

Rick

Yes Rick, i believe that is a mission the Home Guard were perfectly trained for!!! Big Grin :) Toast

Just like your Italians are trying to do in our Compass game! :pullhair: