• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Tank Graveyard at Minsk-AAR
02-14-2008, 07:26 PM,
RE: Tank Graveyard at Minsk-AAR
No reports from the Soviet commander.

A German reconnaissance aircraft flew over the battle field this past turn. The screen shot below is a copy of the photo that was developed at the German HQ in Minsk later that night.

Interesting view of the wreckage (sorry to say that for every German wreck there are over two Russian wrecks) along the field of action.

[Image: MinskTurn16Wrecks.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply
02-14-2008, 09:41 PM,
Annex 2 to NKVD Allegations of Comrade Cole's Treasonous and Reactionary Behavior in Support of the Fascist Invader: Intelligence Estimate (Tank Loss Rates IVO Minsk)

Comrade Cole's Losses
T34/41 – 100%
T34/43 – 88%
T34/85 – 39%
IS-2 – 93%

German Losses
Pz-IV – 39%
Pz-V – 40%
Pz-VI – 71%

Finding#1: There is reasonable evidence that Comrade Cole is a German Operative attempting to deliver the Rodina into the Fascist Invader's control.

Directive #1: Special authorities are to go to his headquarters to detain and question Comrade Cole to determine the extent of his treasonous behavior and to name those in colusion with him. After Comrade Cole's confession, deliver to the People's Court for his trial.
02-15-2008, 06:47 AM,
It is a good thing I have some friends back at the local NKVD HQ and was warned that a certain Col. война was drafting these charges.
война and I go way back. I guess he never got over the fact that as school boys I would always make him play the Turkish side in games of Ottoman Front (I think he really developed a hate for me when West Front 1812 came out in 1904 and he had to play Napoleon retreating from Moscow). I know that before he became война he was born as Von Krieg.
Comrades it is for abuse such as this that counter intelligence was transferred back to the People's Commissariats Of Defense and became SMERSH in April, 1943.
No matter I know something else about Col. война's, I mean Von Krieg's past. It seems that during the Civil War against the Whites he served on Trotsky's staff. I just happen to have an old photo......
[Image: trotskyRA.jpg]
02-15-2008, 08:23 AM,
LOL...

Clearly a Gestapo plot to clear their operative by bolstering Comrade Cole's credentials to hide his duplicity in undermining the People's Offensive...
02-15-2008, 08:57 AM,
Surely a doctored photo Comrad. Comrad Stalin will hear of this reactionary act ;)[/align]
War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want.William Tecumseh Sherman
02-15-2008, 09:32 PM,
Axis turn 17

Battle HQ Sukovichi:
Soviet forces have pulled back beyond our forward op's. Losses have been heavy among both personnel and equipment which at the current time makes any thought of advancing further not possible. Waiting for both supplies and further orders.

Oberst
02-16-2008, 10:16 AM,
Russian final move.

Each side has battled to a stalemate. Neither side came close to capturing the other's assigned VP hex but the Germans hold a 2:1 advantage in strength point losses inflicted.

I was able to turn back the only German assault but was not able to cross the open fields west of the hill.

The screen shot below is a copy of the turn where I made the wrong decision. I should not of attacked to the south but after clearing out the threat to the north should of cleared out and secured the paved road inside the woods just south of the hill (marked German Interior Lines). The side that controls that road splits the map. Only then should I have advanced in force towards the enemy HQ. I would of suffered serious losses due to nice open LOS avenues between the woods but I would of had nothing to fear from the north and any German move to flank me to the south could be dealt with easily from any force left on the hill.

Great game and thanks to all those that were interested in our AAR.

[Image: Hill290final.jpg]
02-16-2008, 11:33 AM,

.jpg   FINAL TURN.JPG (Size: 194.25 KB / Downloads: 11)

Last turn with dispositions of both sides.

Oberst