• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Team Game
01-26-2008, 08:13 AM,
RE: Team Game
Hello keepitloki,

Ok - we can trim it down.. considering we are playing south pacific, then a map more the size of 60 x 80 would be better.. lots of very heavy terrain, and few (if any) roads..

Pacific battles were typically knock-down infantry fights.. with the exception of Guadalcanal and a few isolated incidents in the Philippeans, nearly all were Allied assaults against Fortified Japanese positions from 1943 onwards..

If we are going traditional Allies vs Japan, then we should severly limit the number and types of tanks involved.. Japan never had any meaningful armor - mostly roasting pots for the unfortunate crews.. but there were a number of concepts that saw prototype stages, never making it into combat.. some may have been encountered if the Allies had invaded Japan in 1946.. anything else found off the home islands arrived in theater long before the merchant marine was smashed by the Silent Service.

The only time I can recall Japanese tanks showing up in force was on Iwo Jima.. and then those little spam cans were hammered by Shermans and Stuarts in very short order..

Given all that - are you absolutely sure that you wish to battle in the south pacific..

If we do, then it should be a Allied Assault v Japanese prepared defense.. with appx point ratio of 1.5 v 1.0 (so something like 15-18K vs 10-12K)

Since you are short on time for turns, it might be better if Wigam and I are the attackers.. the defense in an assault game typically has less to do until things hit the fan..

What do you think?

Wigam and I play ANZAC/USA and you guys take the Japanese?.. it would be fairly easy to split the map in half and one of you defend the northern sector, and the other the southern sector..

About the only armor that was available were LVT's, light tanks, the occasional Sherman or M7 Priest pressed into SP gun service..

Greybeard
Quote this message in a reply
01-26-2008, 08:54 AM,
Sounds fine, let's call it Wigam/Greybeard Allies (7.5K each), Keepitloki/Ivolga Japs (5K each). 1944. No obscene use of unrealistic OOB's. I like infantry so few tanks is fine by me.
I'm playing Japs against Wartwo at the moment, lost all my tanks, by turn 8 I think, to Stuarts.
I'm assuming we're playing SPWW2 right? I Can play H2H (in a sense) but I'm not sure about Ivolga.
Would you like to set it up and throw it my way? And specify if the date's OK so I can browse the shopping list while I wait.
01-26-2008, 08:55 AM,
Slot 002 or 004