• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Air and Artillery by the Map Optional Rule for D85
01-19-2008, 02:40 AM,
RE: Air and Artillery by the Map Optional Rule for D85
You are correct according to the rules Elxaime and from what i have seen it does work the way its suppose to and theres no dust spotting in NGP,FG D85.

Aaron
Rangers Lead the Way
Quote this message in a reply
01-19-2008, 04:08 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-19-2008, 04:14 AM by Volcano Man.)
Ricky B Wrote:For what it is worth, here is how it used to be, say more than a year ago - it has changed in the past and could be different now...

Right, I guess this is what I was getting at in the first post. :) If fire on ? units and on units in seperate organizations (between spotter and firer) are indeed reduced, then there isn't much of a play balance issue like there used to be in the past - just more of a personal preference. Regardless, it sounds like no one has confirmed that indirect on ? and seperate organization units are indeed reduced though (or has it been?).
Send this user an email
01-22-2008, 06:18 AM,
Well, in case anyone is wondering (apparently not)... it took about three minutes to setup a test scenario to test this. It does indeed look like indirect fire by map reduces artillery fire from units firing on targets that are spotted by units outside of the firing unit's organization. So at least the rule is not all powerful like the original rule was. I am not a big fan of the rule myself, but the reduction does make it more viable as a personal choice without throwing off the playbalance too much.
Send this user an email