• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Off topic question Petrol
01-14-2008, 11:01 PM,
RE: Off topic question Petrol
It is 3.22/Gal in Maine.........the real killer tho is 3.60/Gal for heating oil.
"The secret to success is not just doing the things you enjoy but rather enjoying everything that you do."
Quote this message in a reply
01-15-2008, 03:34 AM,
F**** sake so im paying about 4 times what the average US Citizen pays:angry::mad:Fiery
01-15-2008, 05:17 AM,
John,
It would be even lower if we would have done the right things over the last twenty or thirty years. :chin:
Immediately it could drop to about $2.00 per gallon if the taxes and fees were taken off. I'm sure a great part of your gas cost is in taxes that are imposed upon it. :stir:Whip

Drink up. Drive less. :smoke:

cheers
01-15-2008, 05:46 AM,
Mr. RoadRunner Wrote:John,
It would be even lower if we would have done the right things over the last twenty or thirty years. :chin:
Immediately it could drop to about $2.00 per gallon if the taxes and fees were taken off. I'm sure a great part of your gas cost is in taxes that are imposed upon it. :stir:Whip

Drink up. Drive less. :smoke:

cheers
Very true. I read that in Holland, taxes imposed by the thieves in The Hague are 75% of the actual price. Oil companies only make 1,5 Euro CENT profit per litre, while the government takes more than 1 EURO per litre, price being 1,55 Euro or 2,29 $ per litre. It's just one of the many legal ways to steal your money here (the 42% income tax and 19% VAT on everything you buy being 2 of the others and there are many many more; local taxes etc.). :mad:
01-15-2008, 06:12 AM,
Amen to that brother Huib! Toast
It is the same here. The government makes nothing but earns the most, and then desires to put a "winfall profits tax" on the oil companies for "excess profit". That same government is making "pure profit" due to having no risk in producing/refining the oil?
The rate at which we are all taxed is crazy. :pullhair:
And, mostly Government does little, to nothing, to earn those taxes?

And, to add insult to injury the local governments place their sales taxes on the cost of a gallon at the time of purchase. That is a tax on average of 5%, which if carried out logically is a tax on the one third of a cost that is pure tax.
Taxing taxes ... what a scam, eh? Fiery

But, we all (including me) are getting off topic in the "off topic" post. :smoke: Whip

cheers
01-15-2008, 07:43 AM,
Want to know in Italy ?
More than 1.4 Euro for one litre, and diesel almost the same (4/5 of that for taxes).....
I was rather angry until I read Huib's about Holland; but it is true that our pays are not the same.
By the way, something to think about: although propane gas is made out of petrol, here it stays at 60 eurocents for a litre. Good for my car and me !
Dark speculation laws.....
01-15-2008, 04:07 PM,
San Francisco Bay Area - $3.85/gallon of supreme.
01-16-2008, 02:21 AM,
New England in the US, I am paying about US$3.00 to US$3.05 for regular unleaded, or about US$0.79 per liter.
01-17-2008, 12:19 AM,
Hey John,

It's an American's God given RIGHT to cheap gas... OR at least it used to be... It's still cheaper than most other countries though...

I remember the good old days while I was in Atlanta in 2002 when it was about .80 cents a gallon that summer... I was in heaven after the 1.39 of Arizona... now I long for those good old days as well...

After Katrina, the Governor of Georgia suspended all State sales tax on gas... but it's been rising ever since... It seems to have increased quite a bit while I was gone...

Now, a government commission is talking about increasing gas taxes for the next five years...

Joy at the pumps everytime I fill up... I never let my tank get below 1/2 because I couldn't take the shock of filling it up all the way... LOL...

Jim
01-17-2008, 03:40 AM,
Around $3.19 per gallon in the Daytona Beach area!
"Artillerymen believe the world consists of two kinds of people: other artillerymen and targets."