• Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Foul Dog Fight
01-09-2008, 03:55 PM,
Thumbs_Up  Foul Dog Fight
Take a look at the new AAR posted in the OPS AAR/DAR forum titled
Enter Rommel.

https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards...?tid=43783

Foul and Dog Soldier went HTH in this exciting little gem of a HTH approved scenario for PZC T41.

The scenario is Scenario #01a – (HTH) Mesa Brega
Axis player Dog Soldier
Allied player Foul

Here is the link to down load this scenario for yourself.
https://www.theblitz.club/h2h_production...p?ladder=3

Foul has done a great job in designing and getting this scenario tested. It is very balanced and tense little seven turn game re-creating Rommel's first encounter with the British in North Africa. His efforts in the HTH section of the blitz have yielded some really interesting scenarios.

Thank you to Foul for all his patience as it took me a long time to get this AAR up on the blitz site. Hope you enjoy reading this as much as we had playing and creating the AAR!

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp
Quote this message in a reply
01-09-2008, 04:45 PM,
RE: Foul Dog Fight
Excellent work ! Those T41 88mm's are kind of disconcerting,are they not ?
01-09-2008, 05:03 PM,
I would have thought so. Mine scored zero kills shooting at British A/C digging in at two hex range. Even though they are small two gun batteries, I would have expected them to tear up the A/C like tin cans.

Just did not happen.

Dog Soldier
- Wyatt Earp
01-09-2008, 05:22 PM,
There was a lenthy thread on 88's shortly after the game came out.My favorite all-time thread.
Glenn's least favorite all-time thread. ;)
I built a scenario with the 88's ramped up to 200HA.! Results were both spectacular and realistic IMO ! Eek

The Volcano Alts are a must for T41 as the 88's are a little improved both Range and HA if I remember correctly.
01-09-2008, 05:33 PM,
I regard the British scout cars as being small targets that were hard to hit. The crews of these early desert campaign guns were not A quality either at the time of the Mersa Brega battle. The 88mm AA guns got their reputation from the German tanks faking a retreat to draw the British armor into a cross fire from the hidden AT guns. The poor British tankers never saw it coming in the early engagements. They learned to be more ary of chasing German armor later in the North Africa Campaign.

Dog Soldier
- Wyatt Earp
01-09-2008, 05:43 PM,
I concur with your last.
Want to try a Volcano Alt of the same scenario your AAR is from ?
01-10-2008, 04:03 PM,
Sure.

Dog Soldier
- Wyatt Earp
01-13-2008, 09:12 PM,
Just got back from holiday :)

I would like to thank Brian for all his hard work on this AAR, it was a great excercise as we now know how to post an article like this on the forum, i hope you all enjoy it! Big Grin

As for the 88's, this was a early effort by me and i didn't want to mess with PDT/OOB files, if i was working on the scenario today i would have increased the hard value of the 88's to make them more effective. :chin:
I would also have removed all supply sources to make the total isolation of either side a non issue.

This is a real fun little game and shows what can be achieved at the H2H. :soap: