• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

PzC Kursk Expansion please?
01-09-2008, 11:38 PM,
PzC Kursk Expansion please?
I am a big fan of Stalingrad 42. I particularly like how with Stalingrad you can play both sides in both offensive and defensive postures depending upon whether it's summer or winter. I also watch with envy the way that Fulda, NGP and now D85 have had their maps sewn together to produce the chance wider range of scenarios.

So what? Well I am also a big fan of Kursk but whilst it covers the battle extremely well up to the culmination point of 17 Jul 43 it doesn't present the Russian counterstrokes. I would love to be able to write a scenario for the Russian southern counter offensive (Op RUMIANTSEV). After the OOB is just about all there: just really need to add XXIVPzK. However one small problem the map isn't quite (see attachment) Mind you it would be if someone at HPS sewed the Kharkov 42 map on the bottom of the Kursk map ala NGP expansion pack.

Does anyone else think this is a good idea? Or am I just being overly hopeful?

Attached Files
.gif   RUMIANTSEV.gif (Size: 456.92 KB / Downloads: 71)
Quote this message in a reply
01-10-2008, 07:39 AM,
RE: PzC Kursk Expansion please?
It would be an interesting add on. That offensive was a bloody affair as well.

Tide1
War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want.William Tecumseh Sherman
01-10-2008, 09:16 AM,
I actually have created this scenario several years ago...and called it Operation Uregan (Hurricaine). It covers the Soviet offensive and the 4th battle of Kharkov. It is a small stretch because the Kharkov map is missing a band of about 10 hexes. I will try to dig it out again.

Marquo
01-10-2008, 10:45 AM,
Loggie Wrote:Does anyone else think this is a good idea? Or am I just being overly hopeful?

This has been requested previously and we haven't decided what our plans are in this area so for now the map extension is not required for Kursk and could form part of a new game at some time.

Including the full Europe map to Danube Front was done because we felt there was no additional titles in the modern era and scale that would conflict with this.

By the same token - players who own Alamein can download an add and map extension for that game which include a separate map for Compass because we had not plans for a title in that area and period.

Russia however has lot of further potential so for now at least, yes, you are being overly hopeful.

Glenn
Send this user an email
01-10-2008, 03:48 PM,
Oh well - don't ask don't get.
01-11-2008, 10:12 AM,
I was wondering then if it might not be possible to include Libya up to the Tripoltania/Cyrennaica border area (about el Agheila or so)?

That might lead to some interesting scenarios (and of course some pretty big ones).

(It was just something that I'd thought about while playing around with the oob editor during the past week.
Send this user an email
01-11-2008, 11:15 AM,
That is a huge area and I am afraid I don't have any source maps for it. Not only is it large, but it isn't just all barren flat land as the Cyrennaica has a lot of more compliacted terrain.

Anyway - adding a small addon Map is one thing, but this would be a huge piece of work - sorry Steve.
Send this user an email
01-11-2008, 03:42 PM,
No worries Glenn - who the heck would ever have been able to play it? It was pretty much the heat and humidity getting to me. (Summer in Australia...)
Send this user an email