• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Help with WITP Rules
01-05-2008, 11:57 PM,
Help with WITP Rules
I'm having problems in WITP in two areas:

1. In a scenario with production turned off, small map, I can't get my damaged ships to leave the map, and head home for repairs. When they're in port, "return to Osaka/Kobe" is an option, but when I select it, the travel distance is shown in red, and the TF won't go anywhere...

2. What is the significance (if any) of assignment of land units to a particular HQ? I can't find it dealt with in the rules; it takes political points to reassign, so you'd think it would have some impact...

Thanks!
Quote this message in a reply
01-06-2008, 01:17 AM,
RE: Help with WITP Rules
Right lets deal with question two first, the main game map is divided into theatres i.e. for the Japanese Southern Area, Southeast Area etc so your troop/unit are assigned to a theatre and political points must be paid to transfer to another theatre or they won't load onto ships to move.

The HQ units such as Army Corps, Air Flottillas and 4th Fleet etc help units within their command range to conduct their dutys such as combat, co-ordinate airstrikes, repair ships and re-supply etc.

This is a really deep game but get CHS mod by Andrew Brown with better art and map.

Question one, well as l only play the campaign game this is just a guess, because this is a smaller scenario with only part of the map in play you cannot return to Osaka as the time frame is restricted.
So any repairs etc will have to be done on map at a suitable port hopefully with a repair ship and a Fleet HQ unit to speed things up.

Hope this helps, but the experts on the game are over at the Matrix site and are always answering all sorts of questions.
01-06-2008, 01:33 AM,
RE: Help with WITP Rules
Thanks Lowlander!