• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Boot camp game
01-04-2008, 12:33 AM,
Boot camp game
After messing around a bit with the east front titles I've taken to reading the manual to get a better idea of how to get things done. I need someone kind enough to play a boot camp scenario with me. Any east front title but Budapest '45 will do. Thinking of something in the 7-20 turn range. Any veteran player should expect me to be a pushover, so please be nice. :)
"I sincerely believe the banking institutions having the issuing power of money are more dangerous to liberty than standing armies." - Thomas Jefferson, letter to James Monroe, January 1, 1815.
Quote this message in a reply
01-04-2008, 04:33 AM,
RE: Boot camp game
Do you have Stalingrad?
01-04-2008, 04:57 AM,
Why wouuld anyone not have B'45? You're missing out Saulokin!
01-04-2008, 05:31 AM,
Hmmmm........I don't have it either. Don't even have Minsk....which to me looks great!!
01-04-2008, 08:42 AM,
I know HirooOnoda! Regretting I didn't get it this time around, nest time for sure.

Yes Jim I have Stalingrad. What do you think would be a good scenario?
"I sincerely believe the banking institutions having the issuing power of money are more dangerous to liberty than standing armies." - Thomas Jefferson, letter to James Monroe, January 1, 1815.
01-04-2008, 08:55 AM,
I suggest for your first one outta the box we play Latashanka...0823_01a. The HTH version with you as the Germans. It seems to be fairly easy for the Germans to win that scenario, so hopefully you wil get a victory fresh out of the gate!!!! Germans start, so if you like, choose this scenario, take the Germans.....don't forget to set it PBEM and fog of war. I would just use the default optional rules for now. Send the file to jimkehn at aol dot com.

Good Hunting!!!!!
01-04-2008, 09:06 AM,
Thumbs_Up  RE: Boot camp game
Thanks Jim, will do!
01-04-2008, 09:49 AM,
Game crashed as I saved it. Wasn't sure how to end the turn so saved it just to be sure and it crashed without saving. Running Vista, will check if there's any issues with my settings.
01-04-2008, 10:55 AM,
To end turn, just hit the red end turn icon. The game will kick out the save game routine since it is the first turn so you can name the file. After this first turn, once you end turn, it should tell you that the game is saved and ready to email.
01-04-2008, 07:18 PM,
Jim you should have the game file in your inbox now. Good luck! :)