• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Market Garden 44
01-03-2008, 01:22 PM,
Market Garden 44
Gents,

Been away for awhile. Purchased MG 44. Looking to play as allies, historical game, 92 turns, #0917_01s_market-garden_alt.scn. Not sure exactly what _alt means. Pulled off volcano mod.

Suggested set up. I am flexible.

auto def. fire
All Alternative fires(4)
art. set up
recon spotting
opt. surrender
low vis air effects
quality fatigue modifier
locking zoc
counter battery fire
night fatigue
Explicit supply
programmed weather

Ed (bulldog)
Quote this message in a reply
01-03-2008, 03:43 PM,
RE: Market Garden 44
I am game,

Glenn(BUSHMAN)
[email protected]
01-03-2008, 05:21 PM,
Ed,
The "Alt" tag refers to scenarios produced by Volcano Man which may have been edited for balance, they also use a different DB for the unit strengths and then there is the excellent artwork! :bow:

Because of this you must use the optional rules stated in VM sticky thread at the top of this forum. :chin:

If you wish to use the optional rules you have listed then you might be better off playing the stock version of that scenario.

Hope that helps....
01-03-2008, 08:10 PM,
Be careful using Quality Fatigue Modifier in games developed before it was introduced. IIRC it came in with Minsk 44. Scenarios were designed as balanced at the time. If the game wasn't designed using the QFM and you have sides with a difference in zero fatigue moral, you can be handing the side with the higher moral a big advantage by using QFM.
01-03-2008, 11:36 PM,
FLG Wrote:Be careful using Quality Fatigue Modifier in games developed before it was introduced. IIRC it came in with Minsk 44. Scenarios were designed as balanced at the time. If the game wasn't designed using the QFM and you have sides with a difference in zero fatigue moral, you can be handing the side with the higher moral a big advantage by using QFM.

I think Quality Fatigue Modifier works well in MG44. The British Airborne certainly need it and the SS also need it to perform historically.
01-04-2008, 07:50 AM,
I would recommend QFM, I am sure in my last test games with VM we used QFM.

Peter777
01-04-2008, 04:01 PM,
Thanks everyone for your input.

Received a response for MG44 game. Nothing like playing against another earthling....

2nd Parachute Battalion (frost) marching east to the bridge...