• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

"Commander: Europe at War"
01-02-2008, 10:20 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-04-2008, 11:37 AM by Jim von Krieg.)
Off Topic  "Commander: Europe at War"
Does anyone have this game by Matrix and Slitherine? It is turn-based and similar to the old Panzer Genedral game, except on a huge hex map of Europe - looks pretty cool - I bought it yesterday.
"Most sorts of diversion in men, children, and other animals, are in imitation of fighting." - Jonathan Swift
Quote this message in a reply
01-02-2008, 11:02 AM,
RE: "Commander: Europe at War"
I have this game. It is really good. It is turn based but it is hard to master as it has technology investment options, diplomacy and you have to plan out buying stuff as it is not produced immediately.
01-02-2008, 10:48 PM,
von Nev Wrote:I have this game. It is really good. It is turn based but it is hard to master as it has technology investment options, diplomacy and you have to plan out buying stuff as it is not produced immediately.

Sounds like the old World in Flames game system.

Good Hunting.

MR
01-04-2008, 12:38 AM,
Also sounds similar to 'Hearts Of Iron', (but that's the entire world, not just Europe)
01-04-2008, 05:28 AM,
well, so far I'm not that impressed - visually it's nice. It is a little like Hearts of Iron, except not as immersive - but Hearts of Iron was too buggy...Oh well - it's something for me to putter with while I wait for all you laggers to send me your turns - lol...
"Most sorts of diversion in men, children, and other animals, are in imitation of fighting." - Jonathan Swift