• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

PC: Progressively Stronger German Inf AT?
12-29-2007, 08:51 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-29-2007, 08:52 AM by Aaron.)
RE: PC: Progressively Stronger German Inf AT?
My women was also raised in Moscow and i have met most of her family and i have nothing bad to say about Russians. All give u a reputation point to get u back on your feet.

Aaron
Rangers Lead the Way
Quote this message in a reply
12-29-2007, 09:00 AM,
He's gonna be the new forum hero, I gave him a vote just before you did.

Which reminds me, I wanted to ask, don't you guys like US immigrant German people who are now US Army retirees living in Germany?
12-29-2007, 09:02 AM,
Thanks my friends for Your support!
12-29-2007, 09:23 AM,
alaric99x Wrote:
Bagration Wrote:He,he looks like my reputation is going rock bottom. Doesn't this
club like russkies Big Grin

I'm sure the guys on this forum like Russians as much as they like any other nationality.

My wife was born and raised in Minsk, so now half my family is Russian. I don't agree with all the foreign policy decisions of the Russian government, and the government of Belarus is an unfortunate dictatorship, but my experience of the Russian people has almost always been decidedly positive.

Agree, my fiancee is from Ukraine. :)
"I sincerely believe the banking institutions having the issuing power of money are more dangerous to liberty than standing armies." - Thomas Jefferson, letter to James Monroe, January 1, 1815.
12-29-2007, 11:05 AM,
HirooOnoda Wrote:After much playing of B'45 it came to me that the Germans still have that infantry hard-attack rating of "6". The same rating if memory serves me that they had in K'43.

I don't like to get heavy into the math on these sorts of questions but if you are playing the game with the DEFAULT Fire rules then I don't think the German hard attack value of these units will come into play.

+++
Range 0 Hard Attack Values

Certain units have a Hard Attack value with a range of 0. This represents short-range anti-tank weapons that the unit may have. When these units are involved in an assault as either defender or attacker and the optional Alternate Assault rule is in effect, then the Hard Attack values of these units is used in that calculation. Otherwise, the Hard Attack value of these units has no effect.
+++

The default OPtional rules does not have ALT Assault On. In a quick test with On Map Results OFF (under setting) and you see quite a bit of difference here.

Of course if you are using the optional rules - which are after all, optional, than you may indeed be suffering from so effect which we didn't pick up on during the test.

Glenn
Send this user an email
12-29-2007, 01:05 PM,
Glenn Saunders Wrote:
HirooOnoda Wrote:After much playing of B'45 it came to me that the Germans still have that infantry hard-attack rating of "6". The same rating if memory serves me that they had in K'43.

I don't like to get heavy into the math on these sorts of questions but if you are playing the game with the DEFAULT Fire rules then I don't think the German hard attack value of these units will come into play.

+++
Range 0 Hard Attack Values

Certain units have a Hard Attack value with a range of 0. This represents short-range anti-tank weapons that the unit may have. When these units are involved in an assault as either defender or attacker and the optional Alternate Assault rule is in effect, then the Hard Attack values of these units is used in that calculation. Otherwise, the Hard Attack value of these units has no effect.
+++

The default OPtional rules does not have ALT Assault On. In a quick test with On Map Results OFF (under setting) and you see quite a bit of difference here.

Of course if you are using the optional rules - which are after all, optional, than you may indeed be suffering from so effect which we didn't pick up on during the test.

Glenn

I'm not sure your response addresses my original querry- should the German INF HA values increase from '43 till the end of the war due to the increased lethality of their weapons? I'm not talking about range as much as 1 hex = 1 Km, but that in an Close-assault situation weapons like the Panzerschreck with a RELATIVELY long range and large warhead should give the Germans quite a wallop against allied tanks-something I dont' see in this engine.

Thanks for taking the time to discuss this.
12-29-2007, 02:43 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-29-2007, 02:47 PM by Glenn Saunders.)
HirooOnoda Wrote:I'm not sure your response addresses my original querry- should the German INF HA values increase from '43 till the end of the war due to the increased lethality of their weapons?

I think I followed your point but maybe wasn't clear myself on what I was trying to point out.

You see, I think the weapons your were referrng to - "... they weren't short of infantry anti-tank weapons." - would factor into the Assault value and not the HA at all. That is unless your were using the Alt Fire Rules.

Try it out in a BTL file - when you assault you use the Assault Value, not the HA value.

Glenn
Send this user an email
12-30-2007, 02:07 AM,
Okay, now I understand. The PF/PS rating shows up on the assault value.

Gotcha.

Thanks for the clarification.
12-31-2007, 02:55 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-31-2007, 02:57 PM by Volcano Man.)
By 1943 the Germans had both the panzerschreck and panzerfaust in service, so why should their AT ratings increase yearly after this point? No one else compares in AT value with them already, and their real representation is in their increasing assault rating from 43 to 45. Also, given the sheer amount of such weapons, only the VG would have higher AT ratings because practically everyone carried a panzerfaust by then.

*edit: oops, I see that this was already answered, I didn't notice there was a second page*
Send this user an email
01-01-2008, 09:21 AM,
Volcano Man Wrote:By 1943 the Germans had both the panzerschreck and panzerfaust in service, so why should their AT ratings increase yearly after this point?

The quality of the hand-held AT weapons increased dramtically, in my opinion. The most lethal panzerschreck didn't come out till October of '43.