• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Keep Moving
12-27-2007, 02:51 AM,
RE: Keep Moving
Colonel Talvela Wrote:dk, you ought to post this crew test you did in a new thread. that is good info

done, thanks CT...
"Most sorts of diversion in men, children, and other animals, are in imitation of fighting." - Jonathan Swift
Quote this message in a reply
12-27-2007, 03:34 AM,
Good work.
Thanks for this information.
I give you one point.

Regards.
Hubert
Idiots dare everything. That is the way to recognize them (Michel Audiard)
12-27-2007, 07:50 AM,
I was surprised that under infantry movement you didn't comment on run and hide with a cover arc attached before the unit moves. In an ambush situation I have hsd great luck with this.

Example:

A hidden Pioneer squad with satchel charges sneakes into position and remains hidden in anticipation of enemy armor passing through the cover arch. If done in the right situation, the squad arrives before the armor and stays out of sight until he has the perfect shot.
12-27-2007, 08:37 AM,
DasTiger Wrote:I was surprised that under infantry movement you didn't comment on run and hide with a cover arc attached before the unit moves. In an ambush situation I have hsd great luck with this.

If the unit is running or sneaking he won't shoot and if he is hiding he won't shoot either - only if fired upon. The problem with moving around with a short cover arc is the unit with the arc only stops when it makes contact with anything WITHIN THE COVER ARC, which I think would make him more vulnerable to an opposing ambush than springing his own. I like to run, sneak, and hide them and then the next turn put a cover arc on them when they are in the ideal position.
"Most sorts of diversion in men, children, and other animals, are in imitation of fighting." - Jonathan Swift
12-29-2007, 06:14 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-29-2007, 06:16 PM by McIvan.)
Units will in fact shoot while sneaking...just not often.....have seen it quite a few times, but I will add that each time it was in situations where I had given them a short cover arc (usually 40 metres), so it could have been self preservation kicking in.
12-29-2007, 09:02 PM,
pioneers will throw satchel charges while sneaking without cover arcs.
12-30-2007, 01:53 AM,
Right - I've seen sneaking schreks and pioneers take shots when they have a threat (I.E. close) and/or an appealing target - thanks for the clarification there...