Ed,

...indeed.

Cheers
Curt
Town Drunk
Quote this message in a reply
12-23-2007, 06:26 AM,
RE: Matrix Improvements
I tend to agree with Curt. Probably fair to say that the original WF also had many scens that were "unbalanced". Do we start the endless argument over "balance" yet again?
A perfectly balanced game;...map symmetrical about a line down the middle. Forces exactly equivalent, equal in SPs, morale etc etc. Objectives mirrored.......perfectly balanced, not much fun I suspect. And not much to generate argument over a virtual glass on the MB.

Cheers
KKR
12-23-2007, 09:21 AM,
Rod,

Balanced is not symetrical or equal numbers. A true designer looks for more in the way of balance than points, or terrain. :)
Victory point hexes or exit hexes may be one way to provide balance.
Let's face it, many of the "designable" scenarios based on history, can be balanced through the use of victory points and hexes.
You can design a historical scenario with it's better defensive position or the three to one attacker advantage, that can still be balanced? :chin:Whip

Even with scenarios that I find are balanced, many players find them unbalanced ... until offered a mirror match.
There are even a large number of scenarios that were designed for play versus the AI that are actually well balanced scenarios for PBEM.

And, the human factor cannot be discounted? ;)

cheers
12-23-2007, 09:38 AM,
Ed -exactly my sardonic point-balance is in the eye of the beholder
12-23-2007, 09:44 AM,
LOL! Rod, I leave the sarcasm next to the irony. :bow:

cheers
12-23-2007, 10:12 AM,
While you're there Ed -how do I fancy up my screen?

Cheers
KKR
12-23-2007, 08:46 PM,
"fancy up" your screen? :chin:

If you mean through the use of emoticons? Click preview post prior to posting and a box will appear to the left that contains them. And, more are availible by clicking the "get more" link. :smoke:

cheers
12-24-2007, 06:22 AM,
I know how to do smilies -I can't find any way to put a motto in the bottom, and some additions to the left pane -name etc.
12-24-2007, 07:27 AM,
Rod,

In the little box above the forum's pages you have a "welcome message". In that box is your personal control panel.
Click on User CP link and you'll find boxes to the left of the screen.
Scroll down and click on Edit Signature. Once there you can enter a signature line that you want to show up each time you post. :smoke:

As far as an avatar, you would do the same as with the signature. Only the avatar has to meet size requirements and an address to a hosting website/computer is needed.

I hope that helps?

cheers

Regards,

Ed
12-24-2007, 07:54 AM,
Thanks Ed