• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Infantry Platoon Kills IS-2
12-22-2007, 12:34 AM,
Infantry Platoon Kills IS-2
An Axis grenadier platoon are hunting an IS-2 1944 Heavy Tank [Early]. As the platoon approaches in the concealment of the woods the IS-2 decides to move forward, it passes another platoon of grenadiers but not close enough for them to assault it...

[Image: ChasinganIS2.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply
12-22-2007, 12:39 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-22-2007, 12:45 AM by RNL Tiger.)
RE: Infantry Platoon Kills IS-2
Because I am not sure where the IS-2 tank will go I decide to use the original [far] platoon to chase the tank and set them after it into the scattered woods. Luck is on their side as the IS-2 pauses at the far edge of the scattered woods, unsuspecting...

In 54 seconds the first squad has run across the gap and has arrived. It immediately throws over a demo charge and glancing back it sees the rest the platoon hot on their heels; if they can just immobilise it then the tank is toast...

[Image: CaughtanIS2.jpg]
12-22-2007, 12:43 AM,
YES!

They score a hit and immobilise the IS-2, now it has no chance of getting away and it cannot fight off a whole platoon

[Image: ImmobilisesIS2.jpg]
12-22-2007, 12:49 AM,
The rest of the platoon arrive just as the IS-2 fires at the first squad. They are shaken but know that they have done their job well and see their friends throw more demo charges at the stricken IS-2. The IS-2 crew abandons the tank but are immediately eliminated

[Image: KOsIS2.jpg]
01-18-2008, 03:51 AM,
i killed a lot of vehicles and tanks with infantry weapons(i love it :kill: ).
but the only throwing weapon,which dont work for me,is an molotov-cocktail.didnt kill a damned vehicle whith it :hissy:
01-18-2008, 07:04 AM,
I like it when a plan comes together. I have always had a lot of success with molotov-cocktails, I was figuring that they might be a little over modelled in the game.