• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

A Town Called Malitz - RNL vs POS
12-20-2007, 12:39 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-20-2007, 12:40 AM by RNL Tiger.)
RE: A Town Called Malitz - RNL vs POS
Hetzer goes for flag

Hetzer will move to the major flag at 6 with the intention of occupying the flag and taking out the last T34, which it should have LOS to if it remains in the same place. The infantry will occupy the flag at 7 and if both are successful then that should be enough to secure a victory. To mask the movement the Hetzer reverses back out and goes “fast” the long way around. The final part of the movement is set to hunt to get the T34.

[Image: Hetzergetsintosecondposition.jpg]

The other forces around Malitz will inch forward into slightly better positions but will not initiate any significant action as they do not have enough superiority to press the attack.
Quote this message in a reply
12-20-2007, 12:41 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-20-2007, 12:42 AM by RNL Tiger.)
Hetzer sprays infantry with MG fire

As the Hetzer passes the flag at 7 it sees the enemy infantry occupying it, they have routed one squad and pinned the other. Another Allied squad is in support in the woods and a Maxim occupies the building. The Allied infantry has stopped the attack at flag, until the Hetzer sprays the squad in the building at the flag with some MG fire and the Axis infantry get a chance to exact some revenge.

[Image: Hetzerspraysinfantrywithmachinegunf.jpg]

The good news is that the Hetzer has tipped the balance back into the Axis favour at flag 7, the bad news is that the T34 has been alerted to the manoeuvre and realizing it is facing the wrong way it now starts to rotate to face the Hetzer…
12-20-2007, 12:43 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-20-2007, 12:44 AM by RNL Tiger.)
Hetzer KO’s last T34

The Hetzer and T34 both fire and the Hetzer scores a penetration but the Allied infantry are close assaulting it too and by the time the T34 is KO’d the infantry are really close [see inset picture]…

[Image: HetzerKOslastT34.jpg]

Fortunately for the Hetzer the infantry are not carrying any significant anti-tank weaponary and after spraying them with MG fire it retreats to safety next to the flag. The battle is finished and the Axis have done all that they can…
12-20-2007, 12:46 AM,
Result

The final result is:

[Image: Won-PoorOldSpike-Malitz.jpg]
12-20-2007, 03:58 AM,
BTW I would just like to acknowledge that my graphics [curved arrows, inset pictures...] owe a lot to Poor Old Spike's influence. Imitation IS the sincerest form of flattery :bow:
12-20-2007, 05:27 AM,
RNL Tiger Wrote:..my graphics..owe a lot to Poor Old Spike's influence..

And apart from teaching you to do pretty pics mate, i've also taught you how to kill, which is almost as important..;)
Right Master Po?

"Correct grasshopper, throughout the harsh winter the lotus blossom blissfully sleeps in perpetual bud, rooted within the sacred chalice of Ho Ching, but when it is nurtured by the blessed rays of the springtime sun, it joyously unfurls to proclaim its splendour to the heavens.. Likewise when when the pupil overcomes the teacher, he is a pupil no more"

[Image: masterpo.jpg]
12-20-2007, 05:52 AM,
Yes, I have learnt a lot over the last few weeks :)
12-20-2007, 02:34 PM,
I keep learning that trying to beat RNL T is a tough gig ...! Well done mate
12-20-2007, 04:22 PM,
Nice move with the smoke and the Hetzer...and great AAR as usual...
"Most sorts of diversion in men, children, and other animals, are in imitation of fighting." - Jonathan Swift
12-20-2007, 10:11 PM,
Der Kuenstler Wrote:Nice move with the smoke and the Hetzer...and great AAR as usual...

Thankyou very much :)

BTW Does anyone else see this title and think of the Jam? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3fDXsPE0Sc [I reckon POS must have made the connection!]