• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Anzio CG fixed units question.
12-19-2007, 08:52 AM,
Anzio CG fixed units question.
I am playing the Anzio CG as Axis, in the first couple of days the Axis player has a large part of his forces fixed from 20.00 to 04.00 does anyone know why? I have read the designer notes and they talk about the Allies inaction and the speed of the German reaction, so it would seem the Axis night fix's don't tie up with that statement :chin:

I am not trying to knock the scenario, just trying to understand the reason for this feature...........:chin:
Quote this message in a reply
12-19-2007, 03:14 PM,
RE: Anzio CG fixed units question.
sorry - I can't recall - I'll ask Blackie though.
Send this user an email
12-19-2007, 05:18 PM,
Thank you Glenn! cheers
12-19-2007, 10:59 PM,
I asked the same not too long after the game came out. IIRC, even though the Germans reacted quickly, they only contained the beachhead and didn't counterattack in the early stages. Fixing the Germans at night keeps them from doing what the high command didn't want them to do yet.

IMHO that may be the correct game mechanic to use because otherwise they'll roll over the beachhead before the Allies can dig in.

Bob
12-20-2007, 05:23 AM,
Rev Rico Wrote:I asked the same not too long after the game came out. IIRC, even though the Germans reacted quickly, they only contained the beachhead and didn't counterattack in the early stages. Fixing the Germans at night keeps them from doing what the high command didn't want them to do yet.

IMHO that may be the correct game mechanic to use because otherwise they'll roll over the beachhead before the Allies can dig in.

Bob

Thanks for that Bob - so many games and so many details to keep track of.:)

Glenn
Send this user an email
12-20-2007, 05:44 AM,
Thanks for the info Bob, i was sure there had to be a good reason, its a good job i noticed this though otherwise it could have left a big hole in my line that these units were supposed to fill, i am sure a German player will get caught out with that at some point!! :whis:
12-20-2007, 08:29 AM,
Another point is that the three German Div's that are fixed actually have two fixing times, 20.00 and 00.00, so i wonder which one was intended??? :chin:
12-20-2007, 10:29 AM,
Foul. Wrote:Another point is that the three German Div's that are fixed actually have two fixing times, 20.00 and 00.00, so i wonder which one was intended??? :chin:

Sometimes we've set multiple Fixed times because there is a lower chance of an earlier fix and a greater or 100% chance of a later fix. I'd have to see the file to be able to say which is which here.

Glenn
Send this user an email
12-20-2007, 11:33 PM,
Glenn Saunders Wrote:
Foul. Wrote:Another point is that the three German Div's that are fixed actually have two fixing times, 20.00 and 00.00, so i wonder which one was intended??? :chin:

Sometimes we've set multiple Fixed times because there is a lower chance of an earlier fix and a greater or 100% chance of a later fix. I'd have to see the file to be able to say which is which here.

Glenn

Another reason might be to make sure they are FIXED if the Allied player had units adjacent at 20.00, but not at 00.00.
12-21-2007, 04:48 AM,
Good idea Glenn, but all the fix's are 100%.

Bob i had not thought of that!! What a clever chap you are!! :bow: