• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

CM Then and Now
12-21-2007, 06:19 AM,
RE: CM Then and Now
RNL Tiger Wrote:You quoted me but I think you misunderstood what I wrote. If you reread it you will note that I am a little skeptical about game engine improvements being the main factor for ongoing interest in CM. Quoted here for your convenience: "...It may be game engine improvements but I think it is the energy and enthusiasm of a core set of people organising things [tournaments, ladders, competitions, novelties...] that will generate ongoing interest."

I believe the phrase is: "we are in violent agreement" :)

I see. I did in fact misunderstand your post.

We are in agreement, not sure how violent, that the main thing is not necessarily improvements but useage that might be the answer.

Of course markets reach high points and low points. At one time the buggy whip industry was going very strong. Then came the automobile. Even so, not all buggy whip manufacturers went out of business. CM could be, IMO, will be, around in some form for a very long time.

Good Hunting.

MR
Quote this message in a reply
12-21-2007, 09:41 AM,
Hi, Battlefront has stated that the majority of cm players play solo against the AI. I myself have only recently joined the ladder here, after years of solo play, so maybe it's this pool of players you should be trying to reach and get them playing.
12-21-2007, 12:52 PM,
sonar Wrote:Hi, Battlefront has stated that the majority of cm players play solo against the AI. I myself have only recently joined the ladder here, after years of solo play, so maybe it's this pool of players you should be trying to reach and get them playing.

According to the download history of HSG scenarios Battlefront would be right.

BUT what made you leave the comfort of dealing with the AI to move into the perils of H2H game play? How do we reach these gamers? What will bring them onto the H2H battlefield?

Good Hunting.

MR