• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

THE MALITZ TROPHY COMPETITION
12-13-2007, 08:39 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-28-2008, 07:42 PM by PoorOldSpike.)
RE: THE MALITZ TROPHY COMPETITION
COMBAT FOOTAGE - Der Kuenstler wipes out my 3 x PzIVH's

My boys ran into a column of T-34/85's, I was in loose formation instead of a tight stack. See what I mean by making your own luck, I was sloppy and lady luck bit me..
All 3 panzers in this pic are dead, for the loss of only 1 x T-34..
[Image: dkS.gif]
Quote this message in a reply
12-13-2007, 10:50 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-29-2008, 05:36 PM by PoorOldSpike.)
COMBAT FOOTAGE - Huzaar's Panthers fight for their lives

PIC 1 - 2 x Panthers are in town shooting at my boys in the church, so I hurl 3 x T-34/85's down the right to take them in the side armour, plus I throw in another one from the left, all going at full throttle to arrive in position before the pincered Panths know what's happening..
[Image: HuzA-1.gif]

PIC 2 - It works like a dream, the Panthers are cut to ribbons and destroyed for the loss of 1 x T-34..
(Noob note -when laying in the move plots, slap an armour-arc on your tanks so that when they arrive at the firing position their guns will be pointing at the enemy, even if it means pointing the guns backward like with the T-34 firing below)
[Image: HuzA1.gif]
12-13-2007, 12:56 PM,
ROFL!!!!

That was a great move to run the T-34 past them and have the covered arc over the back of the tank. I've used that before and it works great if you HIT what you're aiming at. If that Panther gets to fire one time it's over though...

Good Hunting.

MR
12-13-2007, 11:38 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-28-2008, 07:43 PM by PoorOldSpike.)
COMBAT FOOTAGE - Dogface sends a Panther pack stalking into town..

I count at least (gulp) 4 Panthers advancing large as life towards the town.
I commit a platoon of 3 x T-34/85 to take one of them head on but my shots simply ricochet and I lose 2 x T-34's.
I'm getting a bad feeling about this..
[Image: DogZ.gif]

[Image: lion-pack.jpg]
12-14-2007, 02:52 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-29-2008, 10:54 AM by PoorOldSpike.)
COMBAT FOOTAGE - Mugger mugs my panzers

My 3 boys were minding their own business probing down the road when suddenly a shot rang out from between the buildings, and another (don't you just hate it when that happens), and although my boys fired back, they missed.
They had their chance..
[Image: MugBB.gif]
12-14-2007, 03:53 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-29-2008, 05:37 PM by PoorOldSpike.)
COMBAT FOOTAGE - RNL's panzers race down runway and cave in my right flank

His rampaging pair helped secure the big flag on the control tower, then got take-off clearance to continue driving deep and fast into my Russki hinterland, helping his infantry take a small flag before being shot down, but it cost my T-34's dear and my bloodied survivors now huddle in the village (left background) as the German infantry closes in with Stug support..
[Image: Rnl.gif]
12-14-2007, 09:06 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-29-2008, 05:38 PM by PoorOldSpike.)
COMBAT FOOTAGE - DasTigers Tiger stands its ground against 4 x T-34/85's

My T-34's at left execute a Starfleet Hook manoeuvre with the intention of butchering a horde of halftracks milling around in town as if in a bus depot, but surprise surprise! - there's a Tiger beyond them at the far end of the street! He'll do....He's cut to shreds by a fusillade of T-34 shots before he can even fire. Welcome to the east front Jack..
[Image: TigerA.gif]

"Punch with your fist and not with your fingers spread " - Guderian
("Man schlägt jemanden mit der Faust und nicht mit gespreizten Fingern")
[Image: tyson.jpg]
12-14-2007, 11:14 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-29-2008, 05:41 PM by PoorOldSpike.)
COMBAT FOOTAGE - Seel's Brummbar comes looking for trouble

And finds it as my two T-34/85's pincer him out in a high speed co-ordinated attack before he can fire. Gosh I just lurv the speed of the T-34!
"The engine of a tank is as much a weapon as its gun" -Guderian

PS - note my wrecked T-34 at top right, ambushed by Seel's infantry as it tried to run the gauntlet of nasty whooshing sounds from their pzfausts, his high speed didn't save him..
[Image: Brumb.gif]
12-14-2007, 12:18 PM,
POS I sent you a set up yesterday. So what up.
12-14-2007, 12:54 PM,
Risnervich Wrote:POS I sent you a set up yesterday. So what up.

Didn't get it mate.
I sent you a German and a Russian 001 and told you to choose your nationality and delete the other.
Now I'm waiting for you to send 002..:)