• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

THE MALITZ TROPHY COMPETITION
01-15-2008, 07:06 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-30-2008, 05:57 PM by PoorOldSpike.)
RE: THE MALITZ TROPHY COMPETITION
RESULT JUST IN - POS bt Ratzki

This endgame shot shows final front lines (Russian brown, German blue), and the number of AFV's each side bought. Yellow figure denotes number destroyed.
(PS -I've gone back to the more realistic grey road mod)
We both captured a big flag each, but my better AFV kill ratio edged me ahead.
[Image: RatzendA.png]

Ratzki's German infantry pressure the church flag in the face of Russian infantry and T-34's, and amazingly keep it neutral..
[Image: RatzendB-1.gif]
Quote this message in a reply
01-16-2008, 11:33 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-29-2008, 01:13 PM by PoorOldSpike.)
RESULT JUST IN - POS bt Skilgannon

This endgame shot shows final front lines (Russian brown, German blue), and the number of AFV's each side bought. Yellow figure denotes number destroyed.
We both seized a big flag apiece but my better AFV kill ratio managed to swing me a minor win..
[Image: SkilM.png]

Infantry power...Skilgannons infantry show they needed no armour support to capture the flag..
[Image: SkilN-1.gif]

The airfield flag remained neutral, i tried getting more armour up there but it was beaten back..
[Image: SkilO-1.gif]
01-17-2008, 03:54 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-02-2008, 03:11 AM by PoorOldSpike.)
COMBAT FOOTAGE - Bertram chips away at my panzers..

His T-34 sneaks a shot round the corner of the building catching my guy by surprise, I'm down to two tanks left now, but he has 4 left, so I'm in a world o' hurt..
[Image: BertV-1.gif]
01-18-2008, 02:57 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-30-2008, 05:59 PM by PoorOldSpike.)
COMBAT FOOTAGE - The Dolphin launches a 3-Stug attack on airfield..

They're the group that shot my T-34 in the back in an earlier stunning screenshot, but now they're out of their depth as my 3 x T-34's give payback....Here the point man gets it..
[Image: DolK-1-1.gif]

And seconds later the other 2 Stugs cop it too..
[Image: DolL-1.gif]
01-19-2008, 03:06 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-30-2008, 05:40 PM by PoorOldSpike.)
COMBAT FOOTAGE - Raz Atoth's Yak-9 continues hammering my panzers..

Its first rocket attack a few turns ago missed, but now it's back and catches a PzIVH moving along the road like a sitting duck, but my luck holds - just - and the tank suffers only an immobilisation and no crew casualties.
Later the flyboy came back and killed a Hetzer with a top-penetration cannon-strafing run..
[Image: RazY-1.gif]
01-22-2008, 05:08 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-22-2008, 05:21 AM by PoorOldSpike.)
SITREP 21st January 08

With 10 days left until the Malitz Competition ends at midnight on the 31st, there are still these 5 games in progress.
Game length is 20+ and here's the current situation-

Bertram (turn 21)
Dolphin (tn 16)
Sempai (tn 16)
Raz Atoth (tn 10)
Shootme (tn 6)

(At the moment Der Kuenstler is leading the competition after beating me 79-21 (Major Win) on Dec 22nd, so if any of the 5 above can beat me by a higher margin, the trophy will be theirs)

Any games that finish after Jan 31st won't count for the trophy but of course will still count for the ladder.

PS - And of course the sign-up is STILL OPEN to anybody if they think they can rattle off 20+ turns before Jan 31st, so let me know and you're in..:)
[email protected]

Waddya say Pred?

"If you bleed you can be killed!"
[Image: pred.jpg]
01-22-2008, 06:23 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-22-2008, 06:43 PM by PoorOldSpike.)
RESULT JUST IN - POS bt Bertram

Most of his 8 tanks (including his 2 Stalins) were regulars, but all my 6 Pz IVH's were vets, that was the deciding factor that tipped it my way..
[Image: BertrmT.png]

Bertram seized the church but my men in the woods managed to keep the flag neutral..
[Image: BertrmB.jpg]
01-28-2008, 01:21 PM,
FOUR DAYS LEFT

The competition ends midnight Thurs Jan 31st and there are still 4 results to come in..

Sempai (currently on turn 17)
Dolphin (....................... 17)
Raz Atoth (................... 16)
Shootme (.................... 6)

[Image: seventhseal-1.jpg]
01-30-2008, 12:17 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-30-2008, 12:18 PM by PoorOldSpike.)
COMBAT FOOTAGE - Raz Atoth is on course for a win..

So in a last desperate attempt to claw back some points I decide to have a crack at his SU-100's side armour (background). I estimate i'll have LOS on it if I move my 2 x panzers onto the red dotted line..
[Image: RazV.gif]

So I give them 2 o' clock armour-arcs, make sure they're unbuttoned, give them 'Fast' orders and hit 'Go'.
It works like a dream, they arrive on the LOS line and blow the SU-100 away before it can blink..
[Image: RazW.gif]
01-30-2008, 03:14 PM,
RESULT JUST IN - Raz Atoth beats POS 62-38

Raz's Russians obliterated my flank across the river at top, then followed it up with a series of airstrikes that pummelled my armour in the town centre, then finally his SU-76's went to work picking my tanks off like flies..
[Image: Raz-end.png]

Even at endgame this squad is ready to have a go at my immobd panzer..
[Image: Raz-endC.gif]

I ordered this panzer to break through and relieve my small beleagured infantry garrison at the airfield but he was cut down by SU-76 fire from the right..
[Image: Raz-endB.gif]