• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Danube Front'85
12-08-2007, 04:22 AM,
RE: Danube Front'85
When will be able to order this from HPS?
Quote this message in a reply
12-08-2007, 05:02 AM,
Ricky B Wrote:The combined Germany campaign is huge, RD! Lot's of choices, room to move, etc.

Rick

Sorry to be such a noob, but this new title has me considering getting into the MC series. How does the "combined" campaign work? Must I purchase all three of the MC Germany games in order to combine them all into a single campaign?

Tom
12-08-2007, 05:32 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-08-2007, 05:33 AM by Ricky B.)
Bagration Wrote:Gents,

don't you guys already have your copy....?

I do Big Grin.
[Image: exercise.png]
12-08-2007, 05:36 AM,
tbridges Wrote:Sorry to be such a noob, but this new title has me considering getting into the MC series. How does the "combined" campaign work? Must I purchase all three of the MC Germany games in order to combine them all into a single campaign?

Tom
The combined full campaign comes complete with DF'85, and can only be played with that game. And the scenarios from the other 2 games can only be played with those games.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
12-08-2007, 06:02 AM,
So the morale is buy All Big Grin
12-08-2007, 06:16 AM,
I would suggest getting them all, it's like foreplay... as once you start, there's no stopping... Big Grin
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
12-08-2007, 06:23 AM,
Red,

are you talking to me? I have them all....All HPS games Big Grin
12-08-2007, 06:37 AM,
Friday night, put my order in.

Duchet Games will put into the post on Monday. Xmas postal times. Jeeze, i will be lucky to see this puppy by next Friday.

Than again, Mr Duchet only lives 40 miles away ... hmm.
12-08-2007, 06:37 AM,
no, was talking to Tbridges :)

I'll have all the MC ones once BF85 gets here, the Panzer games play a tad to slow for my likes and I'm not a big fan of the ACW/Nappy games, so I'm limited in my collection :P
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
12-08-2007, 07:16 AM,
Guys,

I have mine too. I had a lot of fun playtesting it along with the others. I believe that it is the best of the Germany pack. Personally, I enjoyed the Danube campaign scenario itself. It is a very managable campaign scenario with a lot of maneuver. As a Soviet player, the opening turns are a blast driving as far as you can before NATO wakes up.

I fear that the monster scenario will take three hours or more to play a turn, which is a little too much for me.

The new WMD rules are really neat. Now, the Soviet player has to worry that if he use chemicals, NATO will retalliate with nukes! Also, before anyone complains that the nukes are not powerful enough or too powerful, they made it so that you can change the strength of them in the pdt file! So, no whinning! And, while Volcano Man is given credit for coming up with concepts for the nuke rules, I can attest that Marc Bellizzi was instrumental in getting the WMD rules put into the game.

Not only did Marc Bellizzi get us WMD's, he got the best OOB put together for the series to date. His research was amazing. While the OOB does not contain all of the NATO forces (like WG reserve units), it wasn't because we didn't have the info, it was because the WarPac was not strong enough to invade by the 1980's. Marc found so much information pointing out the WarPac's weaknesses, it begged the question of whether or not a realistic playable game could be made. In fact, a game depicting the invasion of East Germany could probably be considered, which is exactly what the Soviets feared (Glenn, we need the map expanded). ;)

This is a must buy for those of us who are Cold Warriors!

Regards,
CptCav
Edmund Burke (1729-1797): "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Ronald Reagan: “Détente: isn’t that what a farmer has with his turkey until Thanksgiving Day?”