• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

House rules
12-09-2007, 01:01 AM,
RE: House rules
I am Grumbler's opponent that he is referencing in this thread.

I am a PBEM newbie but not a winSPMBT newbie - there is a difference. :)

Anyhow, the "oddball" rules that Grumbler is referring to are the rules that Thexder normally uses. I'll leave it up to whoever to discuss politely with Thexder what they think of his rules.

And I am not a shark preying on poor Grumbler... :smoke:

I won my very first game against Thexder - results are on the ladder for all to see. But Thexder is now extracting his pound of flesh in our second game - I suspect that it will be a much different result.

"nice enough & eager" - hmmm - I'll have to work on my image around here. :kill:

Deadeye
Quote this message in a reply
12-09-2007, 01:20 AM,
Welcome to The Blitz Deadeye Big Grin

That's cool that you're beating up more experienced PBEM players:smoke:

How about posting a copy of Thexder's rules...now I'm interested to see them...
12-09-2007, 01:27 AM,
Thx for the welcome Cross,

Here is the link to Thexder's rules that we used in our first battle:

http://koti.mbnet.fi/thexder/Steel/steelrulesV.html

Deadeye
12-09-2007, 01:57 AM,
Not sure that playing the AI counts as experience with PBEM. Humans can be sooooo sneaky:eek1: The AI is never sneaky. Some new guys are not very sneaky:cheeky: Some are.
There is a long running discussion here about old timers beating up on newbies to fluff up their ladder standing, Those players are referred to as Sharks. Hawks is NOT a Shark. Old, new, unsure, it didn't seem to matter. He chewed all them up and spit them out.
The thing is that it's possible for a newbie to get run off by a brutal ass whippin delivered by some vet who is going for the max points in a win.
That ain't right.
Without new blood, the whole hobby is endangered. So Weasel has a list somewhere for mentors to teach new players the ropes in a kind and gentle fashion. Or at least less brutally.
No Kill box this game DeadEye. The terrain isn't right for that sort of stuff. The first map was perfect for ambush tactics and since newbies don't scout (no need to, the AI doesn't hide) or keep a reserve, fire sacks are easy if the terrain is right.:boom1:
"I totally don't know what that means, but I WHOUNT it!"
-Jessica Simpson
12-09-2007, 02:15 AM,
"nice and easy" is grummi's code for victim..
don't let the humble old man look fool you.. he's a sneaky old fart.. :P
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
12-09-2007, 08:41 AM,
And proud of it:thumbs_up: Got to do something when everybody else is young, quick, sharp of eye and mind, stout of wind, glowing with health and all those other good things.
An old man HAS to be sneaky:scare:

OtherwiseHang

After all, one day you will be old too. Unless, of course, you make Mr. Darwin's cut. Might as well learn to be sneaky now and avoid the Geritol rush.:pullhair:
"I totally don't know what that means, but I WHOUNT it!"
-Jessica Simpson
12-09-2007, 09:50 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-09-2007, 09:52 AM by Weasel.)
Deadeye Wrote:Thx for the welcome Cross,

Here is the link to Thexder's rules that we used in our first battle:

http://koti.mbnet.fi/thexder/Steel/steelrulesV.html

Deadeye

Some good rules in there that I think I will add to my standard rules.

Glad to see that my scoring and FOO system is used too.:)
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha