• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

To Vista or not to Vista?
12-07-2007, 10:30 AM,
RE: To Vista or not to Vista?
Thanks for the input guys, I guess my biggest concern is wether or not some of my older software will run on Vista I suppose if I get a big enough HD I could partition it and run XP on one partition and Vista on the other...hhmmmm
Quote this message in a reply
12-07-2007, 10:39 AM,
I know there is a website out there that lists tons of programs and whether they work with vista, and what patch you need. EIB is a "never going to fix to work on vista", which sucks.
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
12-07-2007, 10:40 AM,
search the web and see if there are updates or patches for your software or contact the company tech support prior to making the decision.

That's the main reason I went back to vista after a while, everything was working or had been patched, that wasn't before.
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
12-07-2007, 10:40 AM,
My mate uses a dual boot OS using XP and Vista without any problems, like you say it needs more room but may prove useful.

cheers
12-08-2007, 07:35 PM,
RedDevil Wrote:
brm_3k Wrote:Compared to my two year old PC with XP, my friends new one with Vista is slow and not user friendly eg where is the "my computer" icon ??

I'll be sticking with XP for now

Alex
brm_3k

it's there on the desktop, perhaps he must have inadvertently deleted it :)

Thanks Dev. I'll check it next time I see him

Alex