• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Which North African Campaign to Play?
12-01-2007, 01:54 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-01-2007, 01:55 AM by cillmhor.)
Which North African Campaign to Play?
I'm interested in playing one of the two 'full' North African Campaigns that ship with TOWIII. Can anyone give me any feedback on which is the more entertaining and perhaps balanced campaign to play against a human opponent? The two options are Bob Cross' Campaign for North Africa 1940-43 and Samuel Mudd's North African Campaign 1940-42.

Any advice gratefully received.

Thanks

Alasdair
Quote this message in a reply
12-01-2007, 02:14 AM,
RE: Which North African Campaign to Play?
Sam Mudd´s scenario is really very funny and you can play a turn quickly. Have a new theatre options "system" with cease fire and offensive options.
Is well balanced....
Bob Cross´s is a full detailed scenario, very interesting to play but you have more units to control and more micro managemet of the battles. This scenario is more favourable to the german in my opinion. My game with CyberGeneral had some troubles that were commented in Warfare. check the link

http://www.gamesquad.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24150
12-02-2007, 01:06 AM,
Thumbs_Up  RE: Which North African Campaign to Play?
Thanks for the reply. I think I will try both scenarios at some point, but despite its difficulties I think I would like to try Bob Cross' bigger scenario. An interesting thread you posted, and Bob appears to have fixed some of the issues with version 9 of the scenario. Once again thanks, now to find a player of similar experience/ability to myself and someone willing to commit to the scenario (although I doubt very much it will last 200+ turns).

Cheers

Alasdair
12-02-2007, 03:46 AM,
Salut
I am interested to play with you with the bob cross scenario sept 1940. I would prefer to play the british side. I wait your turn
Desaix
12-02-2007, 03:59 AM,
Salut Desaix

Thanks for the response on a game of the Campaign. Can we follow Bob Cross' advice on ceasefire for Axis etc so that the game plays as it should? Also because I have other games on the go at the moment and I will stop playing for Christmas and New Year, can we start the game in January? I will send you the first turn in early January and I will try it as the Axis. Is this okay with you?

Cheers

Alasdair

PS I tried to send you an email with the above message, but it got bounced with the message below, saying your inbox was full?

Reporting-MTA: dns;bay0-omc1-s40.bay0.hotmail.com
Received-From-MTA: dns;BAY115-W39
Arrival-Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2007 09:56:51 -0800

Final-Recipient: rfc822;[email protected]
Action: failed
Diagnostic-Code: smtp;552 RCPT TO:<[email protected]> Mailbox disk quota exceeded