• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Platoon ZOC rule
11-26-2007, 10:22 AM,
RE: Platoon ZOC rule
[/quote]

These Platoon ZOC rules were done for a MC project and based on the input here, John is going to undo the Platoon ZOC on the PzC titles.

Glenn
[/quote]

A relief. Tobruk 41 is a fab game. Thanks Glenn
Quote this message in a reply
11-26-2007, 12:56 PM,
Krak Wrote:
Quote:These Platoon ZOC rules were done for a MC project and based on the input here, John is going to undo the Platoon ZOC on the PzC titles.

Glenn

A relief. Tobruk 41 is a fab game. Thanks Glenn

Well, the rule wasn't my idea and it was pretty clear from this thread that you guys didn't like it. John's pretty reasonable about unding something new if\when it has a side effect that wasn't considered.

I knew we had a lot of Platoons in T41 and N44, but I didn;t consider the Akt Scns when he asked me about it because I don't load them myself.

Glenn
Send this user an email
11-26-2007, 01:54 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-26-2007, 01:55 PM by Volcano Man.)
Well, it is *not* just the Alt scenarios, it is with the stock game scenarios as well. As a matter of fact, it much more vital in T41 stock scenarios because the Alt scenarios have largely been converted to company units where possible. Either way, relegating the rule to MC is a good thing.
Send this user an email
11-27-2007, 02:48 AM,
Volcano Man Wrote:Well, it is *not* just the Alt scenarios, it is with the stock game scenarios as well. As a matter of fact, it much more vital in T41 stock scenarios because the Alt scenarios have largely been converted to company units where possible. Either way, relegating the rule to MC is a good thing.

OK Ed - if you say so buddy.

Mute point now anyway - been undone now before it got into anything except K44.
Send this user an email
11-27-2007, 12:02 PM,
Without diminishing all the concerns brought up in this discussion I hate to see an all-or-nothing decision on this. I think the new platoon rule had some merit for many, if not all of the titles. Was the possibility of making this an optional rule not viable?
11-28-2007, 06:30 AM,
I don't have a problem with it being an optional rule but, having said that, I can also see how we want to limit the amount of optional rules. The PzC series has gone overboard on the number of optional rules I think. But lets be honest, how often are platoon sized units in a PzC title other than T41 and N44? In both of those titles you need ZOCs for platoons, so the question is, given the titles that they are in, how difficult is it for them to eliminated if they are trying to hold a ZOC line? I just think there are more important things that are worth creating optional rules for, especially since it would only apply to a few titles.
Send this user an email
11-28-2007, 06:54 AM,
I agree that we are at the limit for optional rules, there use and effect can confuse some players! :chin:
11-28-2007, 08:36 AM,
I don't know that the addition of Platoon ZOC as an optional rule would have added any confusion. Seemed straightforward.

Guess I would have liked to see how this rule (optional or not) played out before removing it - keeping in mind not only current titles but possible future ones.

But, as Glenn said, the issue is a bit moot at this point. :whis: