• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

MrY v Jobu88. (the other side of the coin.)
11-21-2007, 06:02 AM,
MrY v Jobu88. (the other side of the coin.)
I'm not sure if this is the right way to do this, but here goes anyway.

This is an early '41 BB game. German attack.

Just as a bit of background, I have been toying with the idea of a Barbarossa campaign game for some time. But i alway felt that either player on either side would purchase a-historically. Who'd buy a 45mm ATG as the Russians when there's a 76mm available that can kill anything the germans can offer up? And so on and so forth.

So i hit upon the idea of a 5% purchase restriction. Nothing may be purchased above the (rarity standard) 5% mark. So the russians won't get T-34s till November, but will be able to purchase KV-1s in December. Its not a perfect system by any means (and i'm working on something else,) but its been interesting.

So many thanks to all of you who've playtested this idea with me (Alexian, Spiral and Jobu88.)

This game is a return encounter encounter. The slopes are gentle and the tree coverage is light. So I'm going to be covering alot of open ground. (And I'm not holding out much hope with this one.)

You may well have to rely on Chris for screen shots, as for some reason (my inability) I can't do them.

Purchasing: I bought (and I'm doing this from memory so bear with me,) 1xcoy of infantry. two conscript 81mm spotters. 1 platoon of PzGren with HTs. A shed load of PzIIs.

I've seen 45mm shell bounce off the PzII so i reckon if i buy enough I can out shoot any guns and overcome any resistance. the 81mm spotters were going to be used as smoke cover. and the HTs should be able to carry my troops through the MG fire once the guns have been neutralised.

the plan.

there is a small wood about halfway up the map on the centre left. The tanks will carry the Mgs and Mtrs to save their legs. drop them off at the woods and form a fire base. from there the tanks and infantry will engage and destroy the enemy. There is a wheat field that fills me with some dread on my extreme right flank but i don't have too much time. (its 22+ turns)

We're now on turn three.

Nothing much has happened but a can see some wire which i guess must be forming some sort of horseshoe around his defence. One HMG is making his way to the woods.
I'm a little sceptical that I won't be able to see as much as I would have liked from there. I'm thinking maybe i should try and spread it out a little. Cramming everyone together does also seem a little foolish. Too many eggs in one rather crap basket.

Anyway. thats all for now. Hope you enjoy it.
Quote this message in a reply
11-24-2007, 07:06 AM,
RE: MrY v Jobu88. (the other side of the coin.)
OK. We're on turn 4.

as yet I haven't seen anyone or thing, but I'm coming under some artillery fire. (I really hate that...I can't see him but he can see me.)I'm about to sweep the corn field to my right.
11-24-2007, 09:02 AM,
Jeez. I see tanks. hats off to him. I wasn't expecting tanks. Now to test the power of the 20mm gun.
11-25-2007, 09:43 PM,
turn 8 i think it is.

there appears to be BT-7s a the back of the map with some T-26s scattered around at the rear to the left. So far I think I'm coming off better with about 4 or five tanks of his knocked out to my loss of one. I've discovered infantry in the field to my right. but hopefully they are all flushed out. And some of the infantry in the village itself have begun opening fire. I'm going to push a couple of PzIIs really far forward and see how he reacts.