• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Into the Valley Leto v Herroberst DAR (No Leto)
11-20-2007, 03:42 AM,
Into the Valley Leto v Herroberst DAR (No Leto)
I challenged the top five ELO members and got one taker, Leto. Leto asked for a QB ME with CMAK and 2,000 points and no tanks. I have read Leto's posts and know he will be a formidable and crafty opponent... and an entertaining one too!:)

I took Axis figuring they have a more interesting mix of armored cars and such. I probably should have stipulated that I consider mixing forces "gamey" but did not do so so I have no idea if Leto mixed Brits and American forces... if so no big deal... although in another game Dog is kicking my butt on a town QB with a horde of Wasps (he has torched the entire town making it impossible for me to reach the objectives) and American paratroopers. I think I will create a standard "desires/wants" list for QBs in the future to protect myself from mixed forces play. Again, I did not point this out to Dog so fair's fair. Suppose a demand to decriment the opposing force by 20% might be fair for those that want mixed forces :kill:

I bought a battalion of regular Panzergrenadiers so each platoon could take care of any armor that got in close. Each company comes with an mg platoon that will be handy. I will win the game with them.:whis:

I always buy a few Crack snipers to drill tanks commanders in the head. And, a few mortars and guns... mortars to take out his guns, my guns (75mm ATG) to sit and hide and wait for opportune shots. No 150 IGs... bought some 120mm and 81mm mortar FO's instead. A couple of shreks too.

As for armored cars, points did not allow for much. Went with 250's armed with 75mm and 20mm, a couple of 250s with MG to tote the guns and some MG crews into position and finally a AAA 37mm armored truck (high rate of fire against his vehicles or against his air if he bought any and if he tries a bren carrier or M-8 swarm it will come in handy). For other than transport I'm not sure it pays off to buy lots of light armored cars as they are so vulnerable.

Saw the map after I bought my stuff. Initial plan will be to trudge most of the infantry battalion up the German left/center flank towards the flags. I expect he may post the objectives before I do with speedy bren carriers toting mg crews but no worry, there is sufficient cover to move up my infantry and then I can artillery any defense he has set up prior to final assault. ATGs will overwatch the infantry advance, light armored cars will remain in reserve. One 250 will attempt to drop an mg in advance and threaten his advance (hoping he will see the grey icon and think it is a major push early on).

I have two platoons on the right flank, one will be static where the main road turns back towards the objectives with an ATG... I figure Leto will not ignore this potential high speed avenue of approach and will try to flank. The other platoon will advance into the right/center flank with possibility of turning towards the objectives and flanking some of his units, guns, vehicles.

For more imaginative play I would have to see the map first but standard QB's don't let you do that unless you use a map from file, i.e. I might have bought more carriers to push rapidly down the German right flank on that road into his rear instead of what is a pretty standard approach otherwise. If Leto selects a similar approach it will result in a good old fashioned blood letting but I think my panzer grenadiers should outshoot his British troops if that is what he picked.:soap:
Quote this message in a reply