• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

A perspective
11-22-2007, 03:57 AM,
RE: A perspective
mTk Wrote:Coil - Nicey put, but I didn't finish it because I got bored.

;)
11-22-2007, 05:59 AM,
The Coil Wrote:Blah blah blah
While I was compelled to post an elaborate coup fourré to many of the misinterpretations outlined therein, I was struck by a saying an old farmer once told me.. "When you're knee deep in shit, its best not to put your foot in your mouth."

cheers
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
11-22-2007, 06:16 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-22-2007, 06:16 AM by RedDevil.)
Leto Wrote:bubbly babbly blah..

Contact Thor (Mark Higgins) for any monetary contributions and he'll send you the details.

cheers
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
11-22-2007, 06:18 AM,
Good morning everyone!

I understand the debate forshadowed in the Coil's post has been shifted to PMs, which is the appropriate place for it.

For those who might think otherwise, Red Dev has laid off moderating threads/posts on this Board since I accepted a position as assistant moderator. Occasionally he may regret that action, or be urged to depart from it by third parties, but he has stayed consistent to his commitment. I have no reason to think that people concerned for their continued position at the Blitz by reason of disagreement with Randy have, in fact, the same cause for alarm that they might have had in the past.

It is true that this situation could be reversed with a few mouse clicks, but so far it hasn't been, even though Randy's posts have attracted some pretty robust replies. The criticism, some small portion of which might be considered constructive, has flowed in both directions without anyone taking a walk from the site.

From my point of view, it is (unknowingly) unfair to the present situation to hit RD hard on the issue of fear of being kicked from the site.....not that those concerned would have known that.

RedDev's underlying motivations are admirable ones, and the Blitz owes RD quite a debt for many hours of dedicated work. I don't think anyone is in dispute about that. Calling methods into question is one thing, but let's make sure any posts are tempered with those underlying motivations in mind.....we are surely all on the same wargaming page in our love of the genre.

This thread, if nothing else, is at least useful for ensuring people concerned have gotten a coherent exposition of the other side's position. Personally I would rather that there was no side except a united one, but then again adults can and should be able to disagree....but hopefully with as little personal rancour as possible.

I would be grateful if other posters did not jump on this bandwagon, other than that Randy should have a right of reply should he so desire.
11-22-2007, 07:41 AM,
I've found a good technique to avoid some inappropriate posts is to actually read what you have posted back to yourself before hitting "Post Reply". If during the read back, you think something might not be clear or could be interpretted badly, it probably will be. Go back and change it and read the reply through again.

Of course, that doesn't help if you're torqued off and spoilin' for a fight, but it can prevent some of the unintended scuffles that erupt.
11-22-2007, 08:13 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-22-2007, 08:13 AM by McIvan.)
That's a technique I use in my job all the time Big Grin Dictate to the secretary what I really think, and then edit it back when it reaches my desk. Really helps unloading some of the irritation!

Recommend Mike's suggestion highly. Must give that fellow a c:censored:e
11-22-2007, 08:18 AM,
I agree, it's a workable technique, even if I don't use it :rolleyes:

However, that same farmer told me "To get the cows to listen to you, you have to speak cow" :chin:
11-22-2007, 08:25 AM,
The farmer spoke cow? The thought of you speaking cow is strangely disturbing. I could never look at a steak the same way again Big Grin
11-22-2007, 08:30 AM,
McIvan Wrote:That's a technique I use in my job all the time Big Grin Dictate to the secretary what I really think, and then edit it back when it reaches my desk. Really helps unloading some of the irritation!

Recommend Mike's suggestion highly. Must give that fellow a c:censored:e

I actually do use that technique. You should've seen the first drafts of a few of my posts. Big Grin
11-22-2007, 08:42 AM,
McIvan Wrote:The farmer spoke cow? The thought of you speaking cow is strangely disturbing. I could never look at a steak the same way again Big Grin

rest assured the cows are still out to pasture.. my Cow speak didn't work :P