• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Bug fix: riderless Horses and empty motorcycles can spot for artillery
11-18-2007, 08:25 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-18-2007, 01:33 PM by Osiris.)
Bug fix: riderless Horses and empty motorcycles can spot for artillery
riderless Horses and wagons and motorcycles can spot????

Please fix this..see reasons below

russian units were not issued with radios at the platoon level except in armored formations and that does not count for the 1st 2 years of the war where radios were found only at battalion level. In the 3rd year of the war radios made there way to the company level in armored units mostly and in guards infantry units.

All artillery spotting was done by flares even in late in the war it was done by flares. Russian artillery was mostly direct fire or preplanned fire..the russian army in 1945 could not do an artillery mission on the go because the system was not flexible enough..Right up to the end of the war russian artillery was dangerous because of mass of fire power..but german artillery was lethal because it was accurate, flexible and extremely efficient..

In addition motorcycle, wagon, horse detachment would not have been issued these flares or trained in artillery spotting!!!!

Another problem with this idea is this. I can use a horse to direct an air attack. Does any one know how hard it is to train a forward air observer...really (*^*^ hard..so how does this add to the realism to the game..I can kill a tank column with a platoon of horses by directing stuka attacks...!!! Im sure players will love to see there tiger platoon blasted to pieces because of some horse!!!

Heres what I would suggest if you are looking at creating more reality in the game:

If you want realism create dedicated observer units for the game..especially air observers..Realism is: All german platoon comabt units have the ability to spot for artillery..except transports and horses..for the russians only platoon HQ units should have this ability..now thats realism

just an opinion but i think this needs to be fixed..
Quote this message in a reply
11-18-2007, 10:11 AM,
RE: Bug fix: riderless Horses and empty motorcycles cannot spot for artillery
Osiris Wrote:If you want realism create dedicated observer units for the game..especially air observers..Realism is: All german platoon comabt units have the ability to spot for artillery..except transports and horses..for the russians only platoon HQ units should have this ability..now thats realism

Now that's a nice idea. :thumbs_up:
11-18-2007, 11:07 AM,
RE: Bug fix: riderless Horses and empty motorcycles cannot spot for artillery
XLVIII Pz. Korp Wrote:
Osiris Wrote:If you want realism create dedicated observer units for the game..especially air observers..Realism is: All german platoon comabt units have the ability to spot for artillery..except transports and horses..for the russians only platoon HQ units should have this ability..now thats realism

Now that's a nice idea. :thumbs_up:

An idea that is trying to be implemented, hence the scouts and whatnot that you will find in the oob. I am not sure when it will be available as an option though. 1.05? In time.

Jason Petho
Send this user an email