• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Jobu and MrYormsha 1941
11-28-2007, 08:49 AM,
RE: Jobu and MrYormsha 1941
"Possibly even the numbers a little".....yeah.....it sounded reasonable at the time.....

I score a total of 7 hits on three different panzers, but only confirm one knocked out. He took 4 hits, the others took 2 and 1 hits respectively and kept right on shooting back at me. At the end of the turn all three BT-7s are toast.

My sole remaining T-26 scores a hit, then gets hammered.

[Image: shocked.png]

And then, proving that he is the bravest son of a gun on the battlefield, he backs off the map and out of play! One final German shell speeds him on his way.

"It takes a brave man to be a coward in the Red Army."

[Image: gone.png]

This turn spelled the end of my long-range AT ability. Now, unless Mr Y advances into Molotov Cocktail range, it's ducks in a barrel....or something like that.
"A bad plan is still better than no plan at all." -- Mikhail Tal

[Image: pzV.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply
11-28-2007, 08:57 AM,
Mwaaaa-haaaa hahaahhahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa:stir:

I may get my ass kicked all the way to Mars before this game is over ( which it is effectively over right now), but at least I'll always have the satisfaction of seeing these Krauts trapped in a minefield.

This game should be over in about the next 5 turns.

[Image: mines.png]

11-28-2007, 09:19 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-28-2007, 09:19 AM by McIvan.)
Thoroughly enjoying your AAR :)

Probably a lot than your troops are, I suspect.

Re your troops....your molotovs are useless, unfortunately. It might be a good idea to split some squads and you'll get some that can assault with "grenades", which is actually reasonably deadly.

But, I guess the smart money is that your poor boys are going to be taken down by massed 20mm and Mg fire.
11-28-2007, 09:36 AM,
Yes unfortunately sad but true, Molotovs are useless X 2 on an open map like this one.

I will take as many Krauts with me as I can but don't think the outcome is in doubt. But it's been an interesting change from 6000 point armored battles & an eye-opener to see how little the Russians had available in June 1941.

11-28-2007, 09:57 AM,
Not so much that it is an open map (although that is obviously a big factor), more that molotovs have very very little killing power in this game...in fact so little that the normal grenade assault is many times more effective.
11-29-2007, 06:39 AM,
Turn 13 of 22+. No explanation required. Pray and spray.

[Image: crossfire.png]

11-29-2007, 06:59 AM,
One last symbolic victory before the Panzers chew up everything in their path.

German infantry advancing:

[Image: before.png]

German infantry retreating:

[Image: after.png]

11-29-2007, 08:16 AM,
Well, that's about it for this one. The only limit on the carnage Mr Y's panzers will wreak is their remaining ammo. My boys throw the commissar head-first into a trench and start running towards Moscow.

A very interersting series of games. 1941 with 5% rarity. Pretty tough on the Russians.

[Image: retreat.jpg]

11-29-2007, 09:23 AM,
Hummm. Y'know, 20mm isn't very effective against men in trenches, although obviously he'll concentrate one at a time.

Nevertheless, did you consider letting him expend all his ammo and seeing what happens? You might have been surprised.
11-29-2007, 09:33 AM,
Yes, I let him blast away for 2 turns & saw how fast my boys were breaking and running. Concentrated MG fire, even without the 20mm, would have sent all of them running in pretty short order.

In both of the maps that Mr Y and I played that were flat / open like this one, the German infantry had a very hard time advancing, even as the German tanks advanced with relative ease.