• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Modified Taskforce Lovelady scenario
11-13-2007, 07:07 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-13-2007, 09:12 AM by Huib Versloot.)
Modified Taskforce Lovelady scenario
During map making for the next matrix update I had to cover the same area as D. Bevards WF scn "Taskforce Lovelady", one of my favorite stock scenarios. Until now I never realized how far off the mark the original map was though.
Here is the same scenario, but now with accurate mapping. I didn't touch the rest of the scenario apart from shifting the objectives one or two hexes to get them back in the right villages/hills, and placing some German units in their historical starting positions.

Note: The new map file WILL overwrite the original, so it might be wise to keep a copy of the original Mausbach.map... Also the scn might only work in the Matrix edition.

Huib
[edit: corrected hex side that could not be traversed]
Quote this message in a reply
11-13-2007, 08:56 AM,
RE: Modified Taskforce Lovelady scenario
First the map looks excellent. However, Hex 27,9 does not allow vehicular travel, even though this appears to be a road with no extreme elevation shift or block that is readily apparent. Any thoughts as to the problem, Me, the map, or the Matrix update?
11-13-2007, 09:03 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-13-2007, 09:13 AM by Huib Versloot.)
RE: Modified Taskforce Lovelady scenario
I think it's a misclicked escarpment by me(not visible on hexes of the same elevation), so Matrix related as it has escarpments in NW europe. will look into it. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

/H

--It's corrected and new file uploaded in the post.